How to wear a turban

by Hair Romance on April 1, 2011 · 8 comments

in Hair Style Advice,Hair Trends,Hats,My Hair

I have always admired turbans but wasn’t sure if I could wear one. Now I have two and I wonder how I ever got along with them!
Turbans are now a permanent fixture in my hat wardrobe and a must for bad hair days.
Turbans are like beanies for girls. Don’t get me wrong – I own two beanies and love them, but really have only worn them to football games. Turbans are more comfortable than beanies and infinitely more stylish. Case in point – I wore a turban to work today – Turbans 1 Beanies 0. Here’s how I wear my turbans.

Look number one – Winter turban

Turban from Sportsgirl $19.95

Look number two – evening turban

Turban from Sportsgirl $29.95 includes brooch

Look number three – “I vont to be alone darling!” turban

Turban from Sportgirl as above.
I had to try with all my hair up as it reminds me of glamourous actresses from the 30s and 40s. It’s untouchable, reserved glamour.
I love it.
You’re convinced and need to have one? Here’s my shopping guide:
Hair accessory
$48 - shopnastygal.com

Vintage shade
atelier-mayer.com

River Island printed hat
15 GBP - riverisland.com

Vintage style hat
rokit.co.uk

So, are you going to wear a turban? How will you wear yours?

brismod April 1, 2011 at 10:50 pm

You rock the turban. I just asked my husband whether I should try it and he arched his eyebrow at me…hmmm…xx

onefinestar.com April 2, 2011 at 12:12 am

I love turbans but I have a blunt fringe so I find it hard to wear them, boooo.

AKB April 2, 2011 at 4:15 am

You're brave! I don't know if I can pull this off!!

Julie April 2, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Good on you! I think the black one looks really stylish would be a fab fresh but classy look for the Easter Carnival.Looks way better than I thought it would! Hair down makes it more modern and wearable.

Michelle Lee April 3, 2011 at 4:21 pm

love turbans :)

im now your follower
hope you would follow me back!

–Michelle (singer from Korea)

Hair Romance April 4, 2011 at 12:10 am

@Brismod haha that is such a man response to turbans. I have to say, that was my husband's response when he first saw it but he cam around and now he thinks they look fab too.

@onefinestar I like the V-front of the turban with blunt fringe, also could be great option if you want to put your fringe back.

@AKB It's easier to wear than you think!

@Julie I know, I thought it would look too costume-y but the balck one is so wearable. I wore it Friday & Sunday! It would totally work for the races, great idea!

@Michelle Lee thanks lovely xx

matutare.com April 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm

They look so good! But I never dared to try one myself… but I'm loving that one in the pic from NastyGal.=)

Hair Romance April 5, 2011 at 11:58 am

@matutare you might be surprised, they are way more wearable than I first thought