Big Hair Friday

by Hair Romance on June 24, 2011 · 8 comments

in Big Hair,Hair Expo 2011

Amazing anti-gravity hair created by the UK F.A.M.E. team for GHD.

Chicken wire hair accessories? I’m off to the country for the weekend but don’t think I’ll be sporting this fascinator.

Have a lovely weekend! I’m visiting friends out in the country and I think it’s going to be cold. What are you doing this weekend? How will you be wearing your hair?

Me, my best and I June 24, 2011 at 6:34 am

OOh shes a little like a troll doll that got caught in a paperclip!! Not fully ready for this yet!! Will definitely try to do textured ends ala January Jones if my GHD plays along tomorrow night. Enjoy your country jaunt, will the turban be travelling with you? xx

Lianne June 24, 2011 at 6:48 am

That looks really painful to take out and brush through.

Hair Romance June 24, 2011 at 7:50 am

@Me, my best & I – classic! She is troll doll like isn't she? Yes, I am taking a selection of turbans to keep my head warm xx

@Lianne – apparently they used chicken wire inside to create the shape so you couldn't brush this out!

Chelsea June 24, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Woah. I'm not sure how I feel about that one. Ha ha.

The waves from yesterday rocked, though.

My hair is doing well. It's in a waterfall braid right now. It appreciates you asking.

~Chelsea

Christopher Box June 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I love big hair! This kind of work is called session hair. It is usually done for a variety of reason.. 1. Flexing the hairdressing muscle 2. Create a piece or art 3. To get attention. Sometimes it is fun just to create something that no one would really wear in the real world. Very much like runway looks. Nice Blog btw!

Hair Romance June 27, 2011 at 10:59 am

@Chelsea – ooh I love a waterfall braid

@Christopher Box – Thanks! Session hair is my fave – I find it so inspiring. I never take pic of a celebrity and say I want that hair, but I feel inspired by catwalk and editorial hair.

Janessa January 27, 2013 at 11:06 am

Wow, I’m so glad I found your blog. As an artist, I especially love creative, bold art like this! Not until discovering Hair Romance was I aware of such beautiful hairstyles. They’re perfect but messy. Every strand is ‘precisely’ there to create this look. Soo beautiful even though its not wearable :p.

Hair Romance January 29, 2013 at 12:29 am