Where do I stop applying foundation?

by Hair Romance on August 7, 2011 · 8 comments

in Makeup Monday

As a wise beauty editor once said, “Your face stops at your boobs.”

Don’t stop applying foundation at your jawline, continue down your neck and blend blend blend. Your chest should be the same colour as your face, check this when choosing your foundation.

This is especially true for all your beauty and skincare products too. My mum always taught me to look after my neck as she said it was a sure way to tell a woman’s real age.

Don’t forget to apply your skin creams and sunscreen to your neck and chest everyday. Then blend your foundation all the way down. I don’t want to see any of you with your face a different colour to your neck!

Anonymous August 7, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Or just wear foundation which is the right colour for your face! Then blending isnt a problem!

Jessica Jean Myers - Makeup Artist August 7, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Agree w/ anonymous above. As long as your foundation is the right shade it shouldn't be necessary to apply it all the way down to your chest. Although I do agree w/ applying moisturizers and creams on the neck and chest area as well as the face.

Haute_Style August 7, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I want a flawless chest so I'm applying all the way down!
AWESOME TIPS!
Hopefully my chest will look like the lady's in the pic! hehehe!

BreAnn August 8, 2011 at 3:31 am

Great tip! But I have a question for you… how did you get your job?

msmadamemakeup August 8, 2011 at 11:26 am

I agree! that foundation mask is really not a good look lol x

rosepetalsandlace August 8, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I agree with anonymous, you can apply foundation just on your face and not have a "mask". Applying it all the way to your chest not only is a waste of foundation but its also going to rub off all over your clothes.

Jen W August 9, 2011 at 6:27 am

So true! Also the back of hands needs sunscreen and TLC because it ages like crazy too .

Pink Diva: Makeup Artist and Beauty Guru xx August 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Yes – apply down the neck to prevent a harsh line around the jaw…I have seen some bad unblended finishes!
Tammerly @ Pink Diva Beauty