Hair Romance Street-Style – The Parisian Turban

I’ve been thinking of adding a street-style category to Hair Romance for a while. I am always on the lookout for great hair, and I always carry my camera, but I don’t normally shoot in the street.

Except in Paris, one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

I snapped this woman as I was waiting to cross the road at the Pont au Change. I looked across and spotted her turban, which I loved, and had to get a photo of her before the lights changed. She had this quiet elegance about her.

I want to keep her in my style file as this is how I want to look at her age. I adore turbans and plan on wearing them for years to come. With my Chanel sunglasses, and living in Paris too.

Would you like to see more street style hair? I have a few more shots to share but should I keep it as a regular feature on Hair Romance?

Comments

1. Megan says

YES street style! And you have readers all over the world who I'm sure would send you pics …OMG. Yes. Wonderful idea.

This lady looks great. I'm not sold on the turban look in general but this is really beautiful.

2. Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) says

Yes, I like street style shots.

I'm not sure about turbans in general, but this lady is beautiful!

3. Hair Romance says

@Megan & @ Emily & @minsurlia – thank you!
    Trust me, the turban is one of the most flattering and practical hats you can wear!

4. Avalon says

That is a great idea! Especially since we are always checking out other people's style. Or maybe that's just me!

5. Hair Romance says

@Sara-May – glad I've converted you to the turban ;)

@Grace – thanks! I'm definitely going to keep it going

@Janessa – fabulous, can't wait to shoot more!

@Avalon – don't worry, it's not just you! I am always checking out other's looks, thats one of the reasons I love blogs so much!

6. Nadine says

Yes, definitely! The best thing about street-style is that it's outside, in the wind etc, on people who are moving around. So many studio shots seem so impractical . .

7. The Cake Pop Bakery says

Yes, Yes, Yes. I love the reality of street-style. I'm personally more street than style but your photos make me feel like there's hope for me yet.

8. Hair Romance says

Thanks for all your lovely comments! So excited by the response to a street style hair section! Better brush your hair in case you run into me ;)