Hairstyle How-to: Easy French Roll

Hair Romance French roll

Hair Romance loves a quick and easy hairstyle and this is as simple as Twist & Pin!

This is my take on the classic French roll and is a hairstyle I often wear. It’s chic and I like to leave it a little messy, for that effortless feel.

HairRomanceFrenchrollHowto1

HairRomanceFrenchrollHowto2

Hairstyle How-To:

1. Gather your hair into a low ponytail
  2. Twist your ponytail and twist it up
  3. Tuck the end of your ponytail inside to form a roll
  4. Use bobby pins to pin in place. For a secure finish, pin from right to left, twisting the pin 180 degrees  so that you catch hair from the top but pin underneath (see photos)

Hope you like my latest tutorial! You’ve been requesting some hairstyle tutorials on Twitter lately and so I have a few more coming up very soon.

Comments

1. Kimberly says

This is my second favorite way to wear my hair. I can do it without a mirror, if necessary. And first love is the ponytail.

2. Annabel Candy, Get In the Hot Spot says

You can't beat a classic french roll. Normally I just stick one long chopstick down the middle but it doesn't stay in place for long. This looks like a more permanent solution:) Perfect for traveling and at the beach too.

3. Megan says

I don't know if you have them in Australia but here in the US Goody makes this thing called the Spin Pin…it is amazing. Makes a french twist so easy, super secure even in thick hair. It's like two corkscrew shaped bobby pins. Definitely my favorite hair thing. Kiind of related to this post…

4. Hair Romance says

@Kimberley – it's so easy once you get the hang of it isn't it? An perfect for when your ponytail is a mess too!

@Annabel Candy – I have some chopstick hairstyles coming up soon, I love hairsticks. You'll love how easy this style is.

@Katrina from The Block – Thank you xx

@Megan – I have heard of them but I haven't seen them in Australia. I want to try them!

@Tracy – Don't worry, I have some video tutorials coming up soon too! But give this a try, it really is easy. Let me know how you go!

5. Rach // In Spaces Between says

I love this, so simple yet super chic! Going to rock this one for work today I think, that's for the inspiration lovely x

6. Abby says

Sort of related to this post I guess….I have never been able to find bobby pins that work well! Do you have any suggestions? I have very white-blonde hair so black or brown ones always looks really awkward in my hair, and as of right now I have these ones that, while blonde, slip out within minutes.
    Thanks if you have time to answer!!
    Abby :)

Hi Abby, good quality pins make all the difference. Cheaper ones fall out of my hair too. I buy Goriki brand pins from a hairdressing supply shop and they are fantastic. You can buy all different colours. The blonde is very gold but they have a silver pin which could work better in your hair? Try amazon to find them online or ask your hairdresser if they can get them for you.