WOW

by Hair Romance on March 15, 2012 · 16 comments

in Uncategorized

WOW.

I’m kind of speechless. This happened this morning.

Hair Romance just passed 5 million hits!

That is all kinds of amazing, thank you so much to everyone who has stopped by and tried something new with their hair.

Last night I was feeling really tired. That exhausted tired where you get delirious. I didn’t sleep well and wasn’t looking forward to fighting through today but then I saw this and I was shocked and so excited.

THANK YOU so so much to all of you who visit Hair Romance. I hope you’ve started to love your hair just a little more, and to have more fun with your hair!

I’m often asked, ‘why hair?’ and it’s because my hair was a struggle for me every day. So often I knew if it was going to be a good day or a bad day because of my hair. There’s such an emotional connection with hair and I had no idea how to style my hair quickly and easily so that it didn’t bother me during the day.

Starting from next week I’m going to bring in a regular feature where I answer your hair questions on Hair Romance. I’ve answered some of your hair questions online here but I’d like to make it a weekly feature, so you can solve your hair problems too. Leave me a question you need help with for your hair in the comments or email me thehair[at]hairromance[dot]com.

I’m now running completely late and haven’t had time to wash my hair so it’s a giant top knot to save the day! My top knot tutorial is here if you need some hair help today too.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for giving me the boost I needed today.

Christina x

Beautiful script by Kal Barteski and you can buy her art here.

MrsG March 15, 2012 at 10:51 am

Yay! Congratulations! x

Hair Romance March 15, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Thank you! It’s a little crazy. And thanks for commenting so I can find your blog as I know your name from instagram x

Bronwyn Steadman March 15, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Congratulations and keep following your passion

gio March 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Congratulations!

Lianne March 15, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS on reaching such an epic pageview landmark. Well done.

Secondly, I have a question. I was actually thinking about emailing you last night out of the blue so maybe were mentally insynch or something. Anyhoo. My question is… I can’t really seem to find a huge performance difference between luxury and budget hair care brands, especially shampoos and conditioners. As far as I can tell shampoo cleans, conditioner gets the knots out and then you address your hairs other issues with other oils and potions on top of that. So, are all shampoos and conditioners the same, and is it pointless using them on their own or is it better to invest in other hair care products such as masques, serums, mousses etc?

Linda March 16, 2012 at 2:08 am

Oh, great question! I’ve often wondered that myself and am looking forward to an honest answer.

Hair Romance March 16, 2012 at 10:35 am

Thanks Lianne! Ooh great question! Will definitely answer that in a post! In fact it could be two or three posts to answer that

Clare @ The Blossom Shed March 16, 2012 at 12:27 am

Congratulations! I can’t wait for your Q&As:)

CupcakesOMG! March 16, 2012 at 1:27 am

congratulations!! such a huge and exciting, and frankly well-deserved, accomplishment!!! i can 100% attribute pretty much all the hairstyles i’ve tried over the past year or so that i’ve been visiting your blog to, um, your blog!!! keep inspiring and being inspired! we need it!!

CupcakesOMG!

Linda March 16, 2012 at 2:14 am

Congratulations! That is wonderful but not at all suprising. I adore your blog and turn to it and your ebook often to turn around my bad hair days. I get so many compliments on your styles, so thank you!
I do have a question… Is there anything that can really be done about thinning hair? I’ve always had fine hair, but now it seems to be thinning out. Yikes! Not a look I’m going for. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks and again, congratulations!

Hair Romance March 16, 2012 at 10:32 am

Thanks Linda! That’s a great question and I’m actually checking out two new products for thinning hair at the moment. Give me a couple of weeks to really find out how they work and I’ll answer your question online

Annie March 17, 2012 at 2:15 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how amazing is that ??
I think 1 million of that is from me alone because Im on your site so much haha
congrats again :)

Emily Pye March 18, 2012 at 4:31 pm

i have a question about growing out bangs.. a few months ago i got a very think, blunt fringe which just doesnt work with my hair (which is all tight ringlets), so now im growing it out and i was wondering if you could help with styling a fringe when growing it out?
i used to love doing a centre parting, but now i jsut dont know how to make it work :(
oh and i do straighten my hair quite frequently if that helps haha :)

btw, congratualtions! i love your blog so much :)

Hair Romance March 18, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thanks Emily! I will definitely answer your questions and in the meantime I recommend twisting your bangs away from your face and pinning them back. If you can braid that’s also a great way to keep your fringe back while it grows.

Lisa March 27, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Hi, greetings and congratulations from Portugal!
I’ve started checking your blog a couple of months ago and it’s now part of my weekly routine. What got me hooked was the fact that I relate entirely with your hair challenges – my hair is just like yours, only I’ve kept mine brown, didn’t go the blonde route. :-) As for the rest, you’ve got my hair, I’ve got your hair. I am just starting to take you up on your challenges and trying to make your cool hairdo’s – today I have weaved my hair away from my face, put the back on an elastic band and pinned it loosely around the band. I’ve been getting compliments and it’s nice!
But I definitely need to train my hands – you make it look so easy but my fingers still manage to get it all mixed up and loose the hair strands in weird ways. :-D

Hair Romance March 27, 2012 at 11:33 pm