Big Hair Friday – Le Chic Curls

by Hair Romance on April 13, 2012 · 8 comments

in Big Hair,Curly Hair

I stumbled across this old W Magazine “Le Chic” editorial from 2009 and I adore the hair. I don’t think it can get much bigger for a Friday.

There’s something about black and white images of curls that so graphic. I’ll try and bring some colour back to the next big hair post.

Hope it’s been a beautiful week for you and have fun with your hair on the weekend x

Images via W Magazine, photographed by Mert Alas & Marcus Pigott

Laura April 13, 2012 at 5:33 pm

How can you get this kind of curls? :) they look amaizng!!!

Hair Romance April 14, 2012 at 8:50 am

Thanks Laura. Badgley Mischka fall 2012 show had similar curls and there are some tips here – http://www.hairromance.com/2012/02/backstage-secrets-from-nyfw-hairstylists.html. In dry hair, take small sections and curl your hair tightly and pin it up to set. When you take out the pins you’ll have tight curl and if you comb them gently you can get this look.

Maribeth April 13, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Ever since I remember (mostly around junior high), I was so jealous of curly hair! I tried to perm my stick-straight, super-thin hair when I was 13, only to have half of it (the underneath only!) take! Ha! Since then, I’ve settled on just admiring people with curly hair :) Love the black and white pics too! Have a great weekend!

Hair Romance April 14, 2012 at 8:42 am

Thanks Maribeth. Well the grass is always greener as I wished for straight hair like yours!

Caitlin B April 14, 2012 at 4:17 am

These remind me of River Song (Alex Kingston) from Doctor Who!

Hair Romance April 14, 2012 at 8:41 am

great pic of her, she has great curls too

Corinne April 14, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Amazing curls! I actually recently got my hair permed to get a bit of crazy body and curl in it – I’m loving it! But it’s no where near as big as this ;)

Hair Romance April 15, 2012 at 11:33 am

I love your hair Corinne! It looks really natural. Where did you get it done?