How to insert a bobby pin

This is the best tutorial I’ve ever seen for how to insert a bobby pin or hair pin.

Daven’s blog is full of great hair tips and tricks.

I am off in search of these special Italian hair pins. Has anyone ever seen them? Please tell me where I can find them while I’m in Italy.

Comments

1. says

Awesome! :) I probably have pin parties in my hair when I use bobby pins because they never seem to stay in. I’d be shocked if my hair stayed up with only one pin!
    Taylor recently posted..Learning curveMy Profile

2. Tiziana says

Hi,
    I live in Rome, Italy, so I thought I may help with your bobby pin quest.
    I guess you should look for them in places like perfume/cosmetic supplies shops like Sephora or similar chains, and even in supermarkets.If you can find one while strolling around, just go to one of those shops were they sell supplies for salons. You may want to take a sample with you and show it to the salesperson, to make things easier!
    They shouldn’t be hard to get ;)

Thanks for sharing <3

3. Nadine says

Brilliant! Thank you so much! (I’m by no means an expert, but TWENTY PINS? I’m embarrassed if I have to use 8 . . )

• Lucy says

It happens. The worst thing about uberpinning is when you think you’ve got them all out, then start shedding pins in the shower.
      Off to Daven’s blog I go, thank you!

4. says

I love it! I think I conquered the one pin style as a teen, but I want those curved pins! and how to create that pony with thinner hair….the pin always sticks out the other side :( But who knew that twisting the end of the wrap part would help hold it? He’s a genius!

5. Cate says

WOW! What a great video! Does this guy have a website or anything?! Or does anyone reccomend other tutorial sites? Thanks<3

Hi Cate, if you click through to YouTube you should be able to find more but he mainly uses Youtube. I should do a round up of my fave hair sites x

6. Jill says

Hey Christina, I’ve been looking for tips for inserting pins since I started reading hair romance. Your hairstyles are gorgeous, but often depend on bobby pins. I’m terrible at bobby pins! I find they either don’t stay in or they end up jabbing into my head. I know placement is important and not putting too much hair in each one, but I’m terrible at this too. I would love to read an article about this topic if you post it! (The video here doesn’t load for me. It says the link is broken)