Big Hair Friday – Wear jewellery in your hair

by Hair Romance on June 22, 2012 · 11 comments

in Big Hair,Hair Trends,My Hair,Tutorials

Oh how I love a top knot. I can’t stop wearing one.

I’ve played around with scarves in my hair, headbands and flowers in my hair, but how about beads?

I was playing around with a couple of my favourite necklaces and found a whole new set of hair accessories in my own wardrobe. These two pieces are from Mushu and Elk, but any of your favourite pieces can be transformed into a hair accessory.

I’ve secured these by winding them around my top knot and putting a bobby pin through the clasp to keep them in place.

Have you ever worn jewellery in your hair? Go big and wear something new in your hair this weekend.

yojo June 22, 2012 at 7:28 am

i like wearing flower brooches as accessories. I have made excess beads into hair accessories using beading wire & bobby pins–to make beaded flowers or chains. Really like the red beads in the first pic, its a good way to dress up a top knot or a good way to wear beads when u have too much going on to wear a necklace.

Hair Romance July 8, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Thanks yojo. Great idea to make accessories from excess beads too.

loulou June 22, 2012 at 8:04 am

Hi Christina,

Only you can pull this off so magnificently!

It suits you so well – you’ve got my creative juices going now.

x Loulou

Hair Romance July 8, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Oh thank you Loulou! xx

Corinne June 22, 2012 at 8:21 am

Ooh how pretty! What a good idea, I’ll have to try it out next time I’m feeling uninspired in the hair department :)

Life Etc

Hair Romance July 9, 2012 at 12:00 am

Thanks Corinne! You’ll start looking at all your accessories in a new light.

jen June 22, 2012 at 8:34 am

ooh, pretty! wish my hair was long enough to put up like that (or put up at all). its been quite awhile since I’ve worn jewelry in my hair, tho this just may inspire me to wear some of my broaches or pendants as hair clips. I have this really pretty sparkling bracelet that was always too big to be comfortable wearing on my wrist and too small to be an anklet so one day I started wearing it wrapped around my messy bun and it was soooooo cute, really dressed it up when I wanted to look a little bit on the fancy side.

Hair Romance July 9, 2012 at 12:01 am

Thanks Jen. That bracelet sounds great!

Mel {My Salon Tools} June 23, 2012 at 4:02 am

Ooooohhh pretty! Just wish I had the guts to try and pull this off. I must build my boldness!

Hair Romance July 9, 2012 at 12:01 am

Thanks Mel, I bet you could rock some hair jewellery x