Big Hair Friday

by Hair Romance on July 27, 2012 · 8 comments

in Big Hair

More beautiful big hair images shot by David Oldham. Swooning over these tresses.

I’m off to New York next week! I can’t wait. It’s my first time there. Do you have any tips or advice for me?

I’ll be there for two weeks so hit me up with your best tips!

Caroline July 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Carnegie Deli is quite delish. Sandwiches are huge!

Hair Romance July 27, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Thanks Caroline! I am so excited about the food x

Natalie July 28, 2012 at 12:19 am

That hair is gorgeous!

I went to NYC last year and had a fantastic time but I really struggled to get travel tips from anyone. When I came back I put my own together and stuck them in this post, so hopefully it helps! http://themustardjumper.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/new-york-new-york/

Hair Romance July 28, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Fantastic! Thanks Natalie x

Lizzy July 29, 2012 at 5:13 am

I just went to NYC for two weeks myself and I’d definitely recommend just taking some time to get to know the city without doing the full-on-tourist thing :) Just walking down random streets, taking the subway, wandering through Central Park.. Central Park was kind of my favourite thing anyways :) Tip: Go for a boat-ride! It’s really not that expensive if you split the cost and the view is amazing! Other than that, if you want to take the typical skyline photos, go up to Top of the Rocks (Rockefeller) instead of the Empire, it’s (a bit) cheaper and you get to have the Empire in your pictures :) The ferry to Staten Island is free and passes right by the Statue of Liberty so if you don’t want to go to Liberty/Ellis Island, that’s a good alternative for getting great photos anyway.
That’s the best I can think of right now, have a great trip!!

Hair Romance July 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Thanks for the great tips Lizzy! Can’t wait x

Emma August 1, 2012 at 2:59 am

Ooh i’m so jealous that you’re off to NYC! You’re going to have an amazing time! My big tip is Shake Shack burgers in Madison Square Park – the best burgers I have EVER tasted – and i’m not a massive burger fan! The High Line is awesome too for fancy walks above the city skyline! Have a ball! xo

Hair Romance August 1, 2012 at 9:30 pm