Tell me the truth about your curls

by Hair Romance on September 3, 2012 · 11 comments

in Curly Hair

Sponsored post

Do you have curly hair?

If so, do you love your hair?

Having curly hair was one of the reasons I became so obsessed with hair, and why I started Hair Romance.

Having curly hair is…well, it’s time consuming. Curly hair is rarely “wash and go” hair. It takes time to work out the right system of washing schedules, products, diffusers or air-drying and how to sleep so you don’t wake up looking like you walked out of a bush backwards.

It has taken me years but I finally love my curls. I feel that they reflect my personality, and I love how crazy they can be. It took me a while to know where my curls wanted to go, but now we have an understanding and I can wear them any way I want.

The Truth About Curls

Paul Mitchell understands this love-hate relationships with curly hair and launched a new easy care system of four products to look after your curly hair.

They’ve also launched a new site called The Truth About Curls and they want to know how you feel about your curls. The site updates with tweets with the hashtag #CurlConfession and you can also add your confessions about your curls through their facebook page. I couldn’t help but trawl their facebook page this morning, and felt strangely comforted that so many other women have issues with their curls too.

Head over to The Truth About Curls on the Paul Mitchell Facebook page to read others’ confessions and add yours. Add your curl story to The Truth About Curls site by tweeting using the hashtag #CurlConfession. Don’t forget to tag your instagram pics too.

What’s your curl confession?

Catherine September 4, 2012 at 5:44 am

I have curly/wavy hair, it drives me mental and dissappoints me constantly! I got the brazilian blow dry treatment and now it falls into nicer waves. I wish I could just embrace my curls but I am never happy with them :( no one is though! Of course, I envy yours :) Will check out these products

M September 4, 2012 at 9:55 am

It was sort of fun to read everyone else’s curly haired confessions. Too bad the free products are only for U.S residents.

Hair Romance September 4, 2012 at 10:57 am

Sorry M, but the products will be available worldwide

Kirsten September 4, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I have such a love-hate relationship with my curls. I spent the last 18 months straightening it every day and have just returned to curls again, which I’m actually loving. And you’re so right…it takes ages to work out exactly how your own curls work..but once you get that sorted, it’s so easy to look after them. I just wish I could find a hairdresser that is confident enough to cut curly hair and do it well. I’m yet to find one!!

katherine September 4, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I know I’m very lucky, but I love my curls just the way they are. I just put in a little jojoba oil when get out of the shower and let them air dry. Couldn’t be any easier and I get tons of compliments. I will say though, that it’s a royal pain to straighten when I feel like a different look :)

Ashley September 4, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Confession: My curls are all from the salon. :D My husband didn’t even realize it until we’d been married almost a year, and I told him I needed a new perm. I’ve been perming for about 15 years and LOVE it! I so, so, so wish I had natural curls, but my natural hair is just a tiny bit wavy. I find that curly hair is much easier to care for, though, than straight. I can wear it curly after a washing, then put it up in one of your suggested styles (which are MARVELOUS!) for second day hair, since my curls go flat and/or frizzy if not washed daily.

Mystique September 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

My curls are lovely when my hair is long, but at the moment I have mid length hair and they’re a nightmare but I have found one product that finally works…Evo Liquid Rollers. The only product that makes them look more than just half decent!

curlywurly September 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm

My new partner ( we’ve been going out for a few months) looked at me the other day with freshly washed hair and asked if my waves where natural… I answered yes (in shock). His defense was plausible; he’s never seen it out.. as I wear it up and wash only about twice a week.We both work weird hours so he doesnt always see me with freshly washed nice waves/curls. i guess my confession is i wear it up a lot.

Evelyn ME Fashion September 12, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I know exactly what you mean, I have similar curls as yours and I Love/hate them…there are days when I can’t see them, but on the other hand, let’s be honest, there are so many beautiful girls/women out there who would kill for having curls ;)

Daniella March 6, 2014 at 5:52 am

I know this post is 2 years old, but I just stumbled across your site during some pinterest searching for at least some other undo for my curls than a ponytail! I’m 28 and still, STILL, don’t really know how to wear my curly hair down. I see girls with lovely, long, wavy hair and i’m so jealous! I find even some outfits look ridiculous, since they’d really suit a long flowing hairstyle. Even the growing process is just that, quite the process! It’s taking forever to get it longer. I’ll be following along your site for sure, hopefully I can get a handle on my hair with your tips! Thanks!

Hair Romance March 6, 2014 at 8:26 am

Thanks Daniella! It takes trial and error and experimentation to work out what’s best for your curls. Everyone’s hair is different. You can find more curly hair posts here and hope you start to feel more comfortable wearing your curls out. Christina x