DIY Flower Crowns

Who doesn’t love a flower crown? They are the perfect bohemian accessory for a music festival, or a whimsical addition to your wedding party attire.

Here’s a round up of seven of my favourite flower crown DIYs for you to try.

Mixed floral crown by bleubird vintage

Using silk flowers, this is an easy tutorial to create a simple flower crown by bleubird vintage. Click the image to go to the full tutorial.

Fabric flower crown by A Beautiful Mess

The darling Elsie and Emma of A Beautiful Mess created this flower crown and made their own fabric flowers. Click here for the full tutorial.

Ruffled flower crown by See Kate Sew

Create your own flower crown to match your outfit with this ruffled flower crown tutorial by See Kate Sew. Click here for the full tutorial.

Fresh flower crown by Refinery 29

This flower crown tutorial from Refinery 29 is perfect for summer festivals, and is super easy to make. Click here for the full tutorial.

Silk flower crown by Kelli Murray

Love this statement crown from Kelli Murray. It’s perfect for special occasions or just because. Click here for the full tutorial.

DIY flower crown by Green Wedding Shoes

Perfect for a wedding day, or a summer party. Love the different size flowers used in this DIY by Green Wedding Shoes. Click here for the full tutorial.

Mini magnolia flower crown buy Green Wedding Shoes

A pretty mini crown using tiny magnolia blossoms silk flowers by Green Wedding Shoes. Click here for the full tutorial.

Do you love floral crowns? Which is your favourite floral crown tutorial and where would you wear it?

Comments

1. Ava Grace says

The Mini magnolia flower crown buy Green Wedding Shoes is just awesome!! The crown gives a divine look definitely. Tutorials make the thing so easy & doable.

All very creative!!

2. Sevda Yavuz says

Hi Chrissy!,

I thought you might be able to help me, I need a pretty flower crown but i dont want to DIY, do people normally just get them made up at a florist? or can you reccommened a place i can buy one from. Doesnt have to be fresh flowers as long as it looks nice!

Thanks

3. says

thank you SO MUCH for sharing these amazing tutorials!
    i want to make a flower crown, too :D always wanted to, and i already got the material, but i wouldn’t have thought that it’s quite easy to make them!
    thanks again!

x
    dahi

4. ikke says

really cute and nice. I’m Indonesian and there’s a lot of tropical flowers around me. I hope I can make them more valuable. Thank you.

5. Lucy says

I love the flower crowns and I’m thinking of a variation on a theme for my wedding.
    I’ve got mid length, curlyish hair and will be wearing it half up, half down for the big day by clipping back small sections on each side. I’d like to have the equivalent of half a crown across the back of my head but can’t work out what to base it on. I think combs will be too heavy in my hair. if you have any brainwaves (or hairwaves!) do let me know!

ooh that would be beautiful Lucy! You can try sewing or pinning flowers to a ribbon which can then be pinned into your hair. Have a few trial run to get the length right and see how it goes x