Makeup Monday: How a bright lip can change your day

by Hair Romance on October 22, 2012 · 14 comments

in Makeup Monday

Bright lipstick can change how you feel about your day. I know makeup is only superficial, but there’s something fun about a bright lip that makes you feel a little brighter on the inside too.

I used to be terrified of wearing bright lips. I would buy a lipstick but never wear it, or only wear it lightly smudged as a lip stain. Then I realised the power of a bright lip to lift your mood, and make you feel like you can take on the world.

If you’re new to bright lips, I dare you to try the Fox in Flats Red Lipstick Dare and wear red lipstick every day for a week. Sounds like a challenge? It wouldn’t be worth a dare if it wasn’t, but see how you feel at the end of the week.

Hair Romance’s favourite lipsticks

Now my love of lipsticks and grown into an obsession I always have a ridiculous number of lip products floating around in my handbag. These five are my favourite go-to bright listicks:

Try a bright lip today and tell me how it makes you feel by the end of the day. Plus any colours I should add to my growing collection of bright lipsticks?

Andrea October 22, 2012 at 10:15 am

Hey Christina – LOVE these pics. No one rocks a bright lip like you! Great selection of lipsticks here, will print so I can add to my (swiftly expanding) collection.
Thanks for the mention of the Red Lipstick Dare, it’s so much fun!
x Andrea

Hair Romance October 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thanks lovely! Your style dares are inspired and are the best way to get over your fear of wearing a red lip, and have fun doing it! Xx

yojo October 22, 2012 at 12:12 pm

good idea!! will be rocking a bright shiseido pink tomorrow, need something to cheer me up :)

Hair Romance October 22, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Hope you have a beautiful week Yojo!

gio October 22, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You rock bright lips so well! I used to be scared of wearing bright lip colours till recently, but now I love them. They are so beautiful and uplifting!

Hair Romance October 22, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Thanks Gio! A bright lip is an instant lift for me too, hope you have a great start to the week x

Cindy October 23, 2012 at 12:08 am

I love red lips, but rarely wear them. This weekend I decided it was a red lip time, so on Friday I put it on and it looked so bright to me, but I loved it. My husband – he is a natural look kind of guy – didn’t like it too much. I put in on Saturday and headed out with my kids. My 8 y/o told me it was too bright and asked if I was trying to embarrass her. I told her yes. My husband looked at me in the evening and said, “At first, I really didn’t like it at all, but after seeing you all day in it, it’s really beautiful.” Score for the reds!

Hair Romance October 23, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Great work for persevering Cindy! I think it can be a shock the first time you wear it, but it’s so much fun once you get used to it, and glad you husband loves it too x

Lynne October 23, 2012 at 2:33 am

Check out lime crime lipsticks, Cosmopop is my favorite, but they have some amazing options.

Hair Romance October 23, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Thanks Lynne! I’ve never tried Lime Crime but will have to check them out x

Larissa October 23, 2012 at 8:05 pm

The line Kate Moss did for Rimmel has some great brights – number 22 is the most perfect pink/crimson colour, it is my go to when I am tired or a little down, cheers me up every time I wear it.

Hair Romance October 23, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I am a major Kate fan, don’t know why I haven’t tried this range yet. Thanks for the tip Larissa x

Kimberley October 27, 2012 at 12:08 am

I love this post! It’s amazing what a bright lippie can do for your mood!

Hair Romance October 27, 2012 at 10:17 am