Bright lipstick can change how you feel about your day. I know makeup is only superficial, but there’s something fun about a bright lip that makes you feel a little brighter on the inside too.
I used to be terrified of wearing bright lips. I would buy a lipstick but never wear it, or only wear it lightly smudged as a lip stain. Then I realised the power of a bright lip to lift your mood, and make you feel like you can take on the world.
If you’re new to bright lips, I dare you to try the Fox in Flats Red Lipstick Dare and wear red lipstick every day for a week. Sounds like a challenge? It wouldn’t be worth a dare if it wasn’t, but see how you feel at the end of the week.
Hair Romance’s favourite lipsticks
Now my love of lipsticks and grown into an obsession I always have a ridiculous number of lip products floating around in my handbag. These five are my favourite go-to bright listicks:
- NARS Heat Wave – this long wearing matte lipstick started my love of orange reds.
- Illamasqua Eurydice – a gift from a friend, this mate pink lip isn’t too drying and lasts and lasts. It has made me rethink pink.
- Tom Ford Wild Ginger – my favourite luxury lipstick, the texture of this orange red is to die for, plus the packaging is sublime.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Are You Red-dy – my favourite budget red lip, with a creamy texture that still lasts well.
- MAC Russian Red – the classic red that makes your teeth look whiter too.
Try a bright lip today and tell me how it makes you feel by the end of the day. Plus any colours I should add to my growing collection of bright lipsticks?