2013 Short haircut trends – the 1960s inspired bob

by Hair Romance on February 9, 2013 · 11 comments

in Hair Style Advice,Hair Trends,Short Hair

Nicole Ritchie new haircut - short hair trends

Short Hairstyle trends - Julianne Hough - Karlie Kloss

When Nicole Ritchie tweeted a pic of her getting the above haircut, salons started booking up worldwide.

We’ve seen variations of this hairstyle last year, seen more as the uneven cut but 2013 sees this longer bob haircut with more even layers. The blunt base has a 1960s feel though this is modern take on the classic longer bob.

Karlie Kloss is probably my favorite version of this cut, though I also love Julianne Hough’s haircut.

This hairstyle suits fine to medium hair and is best for straight to wavy hair. For curls, ask to customise this to suit your curls but I would go for a rounded shape with more layers to avoid the triangle effect.

Are you a fan of the 1960s inspired bob?

Courtney February 9, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I actually LOVE this haircut and recently got it done. I have VERY curly hair and asked my hairdresser for straight across layers (as in all one length) and I love it wavy, curly, or straight!

Hair Romance February 9, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Sounds fab Courtney! Xx

Suzie C (@Styliseme) February 9, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I’ve gone from super long hair (you know when you’re mum wants you to be able to sit on it) and then I went to a pixie cut. It’s now a medium length, and as much as I love this cut, I feel like I’d get it and then the next day I’d wish I had long hair again! It does look fab on Nicole though.
Suzie C (@Styliseme) recently posted..Transeasonal StyleMy Profile

Nikki @ Styling You February 9, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I think I’m creeping closer to this haircut!
Nikki @ Styling You recently posted..Let’s go shopping: Valentine’s Day 2013 giftsMy Profile

Hair Romance February 10, 2013 at 5:53 pm

You’re always on trend Nikki! X Though I do love your hair as it is

jennifer February 11, 2013 at 9:25 pm

These haircuts do look amazing! But I think I’ll stick to my long hair… for now.

Rachel from Redcliffe Style March 5, 2013 at 8:56 am

I have been carrying around Julianne Hough’s picture for my hairdresser. I’ve been growing out a short do and this is my goal. Rachel x
Rachel from Redcliffe Style recently posted..What I wore: Really, rainy date nightMy Profile

Hair Romance March 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm

I love Julianne Hough’s hair, I can definitely see you wearing a similar style x

Dan March 30, 2013 at 2:34 am

It’s a great cut if you want to impress or attract other women. Men prefer longer hair. It’ a very sad haircut from a guy’s point of view.

Hair Romance March 30, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Dan, but everyone is different. I met my husband when I had a pixie cut and there are lots of guys out there who like short hair. It means you’re not waiting around for ages for your girlfriend to get ready as short hair is so easy to style ;) Besides, I dress for myself, not for others.