Bobby pins just for redheads

by Hair Romance on March 26, 2013 · 11 comments

in Hair Products,Redheads

How to be a Redhead bobby pins

Redhead bobby pins from How to be a Redhead

Redheads are the often forgotten color range when it comes to hair accessories. When trying to find pins and elastics to match your hair color, you’ll see rows of gold, beige, brown and black hair accessories but vey few red.

Adrienne and Stephanie, the two redhead sisters behind the site How to be a Redhead thought it was time there was a bobby pin just for redheads so they released one themselves.

Available in three shades to suit ginger redheads, true ruby-reds, and dark auburn redheads. Adrienne and Stephanie say, “We took the time and created redhead bobby pins for each of those redheads and put them all in one easy package. The redhead bobby pins will camouflage into the hair of some redheads, but the redhead bobby pins have been designed to make red hair pop.”

These pins however aren’t just for redheads. I love the look of colored bobby pins in any hair colour. This gorgeous style below from the Cacharel A/W 2012 show is an easy way to wear colored bobby pins.

You can find the redhead pins at How to be a Redhead.

Red colored bobby pins - Cacharel AW 2012 hair

Are you a redhead? Do you find it difficult to color match your hair accessories?

Mindy March 26, 2013 at 4:24 pm

After several tries the past few years, I had to give up on the idea of clip-in hair extensions because of color issues. Which is rather unfortunate–it looked like fun. I think redheads get forgotten in a lot of hair & makeup products. It wasn’t until about a year ago a friend of mine (makeup artist) told me there are now eyebrow pencils for redheads–for years I had to stick with a blonde-ish shade. The bobby pins may be worth my looking into. Right now, if I have the choice between black and brown, I choose the brown more often than not.

Mindy March 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I also have a sister-in-law (who sells makeup) frequently steer me away from any red-ish color of lipstick because of my hair color. I would love to find a red shade with a little orange undertone & rock it. Why should blondes, brunettes, and women of every other hair color have all the fun?

Hair Romance March 26, 2013 at 9:41 pm

And I think redheads can totally rock a red lip! Try Lady Danger from MAC xx

Hair Romance March 26, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Also Ruby Woo from MAC is another great red that looks fab on redheads xx

Brennan March 26, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I am a fan of MAC;s Russian Red.

Hair Romance March 28, 2013 at 11:16 am

oh yes, I have that too. Love it!

Sara-May March 26, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Hi Mindy, I’m a redhead and I LOVE to wear a red lip. My current favourite orange based red is Lady Danger, and my favourite blue based red is the Moulin Rouge shade from Make Up For Ever. If you want to start with a more toned down version of a red lip, try the new Shine Caresse Lipgloss stains from L’Oreal – if you’re based in Australia or Asia, I can recommend Princess as an orange-red and Juliet as a pink-red.

Don’t let your sister-in-law steer you away from red lips – just wear it with confidence and you’ll look amazing!
Sara-May recently posted..BITE Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Grapevine – Review, Swatches, PhotosMy Profile

Hair Romance March 28, 2013 at 11:16 am

I agree with Sara-May! She totally rocks a red lip, and so many fab makeup looks with her red hair x

Hair Romance March 26, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Hi Mindy, I have found one range of red clip in extension – they are called Hair Secrets. Otherwise you could try coloring a set to match your hair?

Sara-May March 26, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Oh. Em. Gee. I need to get on this RIGHT NOW! It looks like there’s some purple bobby pins in the set? Is that right or is my monitor playing tricks on me. I really enjoy the statement bobby pin look, and purple is so good with red hair (also, I nearly typed booby pins – I’m so juvenile)

Hair Romance March 28, 2013 at 11:17 am

LOL I almost made that typo too! Yes, they sold out at their Rock it like a Redhead event but will have more available on their site soon.