How often do you wash your hair?

by Hair Romance on July 10, 2013 · 11 comments

in Hair Care

Hair Romance's daily steps for beautiful hair

What’s your daily hair routine? Do you wash your hair every morning? How do you care for your hair on days when you’re not washing your hair?

I’m back on the Schwarzkopf Style Studio Blog sharing my daily hair routine and talking about the gold standard in hair care.

Head over to the Style Studio blog for my daily steps for beautiful hair.

Hair Romance Schwarzkopf Style Studio

kimberley July 10, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Wash my hair, well every 7-10 days. By day 5 I use dry shampoo to vamp it up, works a treat. I leave it to air dry, then style is really well when it’s completely dry. If it’s looking a bit drab I add some GHD curls. For a treatment I massage coconut oil in all over but heavily on the ends and leave it for as long as I can, the longer the better, sometimes a few hours. Then I shampoo and condition as usual. I have very dry, frizzy and bouffy hair, the coconut oil leave it feeling very soft and silky.

As for between treatments, oils, serums and leave in conditioners, my hair just drinks it. I’m yet to find a product that truly does what is says, ie. “eliminate frizz and leave hair soft”. The only way for me to achieve this is with either a good blow dry, GHD or Instyler.

Hair Romance July 10, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Coconut oil would be the best for your hair Kimberley. I can imagine you would go through bottles and bottles of serums and creams!

Catherine July 10, 2013 at 8:21 pm

In winter I can get up to 7 days unwashed with dry shampoo for a touch up. In humid icky Sydney summers i can maybe got 4 days before I need to wash it.
My hairdresser also advises his clients brush really well in long strokes before bedtime to use a satin pillowcase to stop the oil from sitting in one spot. It works pretty well!
Catherine recently posted..The Biba brown chalk stripe dressMy Profile

Hair Romance July 10, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I’m also a fan of the satin pillowcase, makes a difference to my hair (and feels nice too!)

Alizeh July 11, 2013 at 7:18 am

Which coconut oil brand should one use ?
Thanks

Hair Romance July 11, 2013 at 8:56 am

Any brand of pure coconut oil is fine Alizeh, and I prefer organic coconut oil. I use a brand called Melrose but there are lots around.

Jacqui July 11, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I have thick frizzy hair…would coconut oil work for me? Use it as a leave in or a masque?

Hair Romance July 11, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Definitely Jacqui, use it as a masque before washing your hair x

Clare // george&bear July 15, 2013 at 7:58 am

Every day with a gentle shampoo. Healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp (thanks to a book by Philip Kingsley I read and uh, logic) and leaving a buildup of crap on my scalp grosses me out. Sometimes it’s more like every other day though – depends how lazy I’m feeling. That said, I have quite straight/un-processed hair though which might make a difference. I don’t put anything in my hair except shampoo, conditioner and the occasional deep conditioning treatment. Sometimes I’ll use a scalp exfoliant but that’s not very often now because my head is clean clean clean.

Clare // george&bear recently posted..The Review: Face Atelier Zero Minus
If you’re a pale girl,…
My Profile

Nardeen July 19, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I wash my hair every 7 days, both winter and summer a like. I used to shampoo my hair 3 times (yes I later realized it’s a big mistake) then I use a conditioner and a hair mask. However lately after realizing my huge hair care mistake I radically changed my hair care routine, I bought a sulphate free biotin shampoo along with its keratin conditioner and keeping my hair masks as usual, a natural organic hair cream mask and at this point I stopped, I use all of these and then not touch my hair for the next week when it’s due time to wash it. I started doing this a couple of weeks ago and I know it’s not an enough time to see results but the problem is I don’t know any daily hair care routine and through out the week I can’t style my hair at all, it’s look like a giant mess of curls with no definite shape! Can you help me out here? I need your opinion on my washing and hair care routine and a suggestion of daily hair care routine. I have a medium length curly/wavy hair. Much appreciated :)

ann December 4, 2013 at 12:21 am

I have got straight blond hair and I love it so much.I want to care it for the winter and fall.
what should i do?