Do you take your hairdryer on holidays?

by Hair Romance on August 14, 2013 · 6 comments

in Hair Products,Hair Style Advice

Hair Romance - Do you take your hairdryer on holidays

Do you take your hairdryer on holidays?

I love travelling, and I love my hair but this can be a tricky question.

Yes, you should take your hairdryer if:

No you don’t need to pack your hairdryer if:

Things to be careful of:

Make note of the voltage differences in the countries you are visiting.

My hairdryers do not work in the USA so I didn’t pack them for my recent trip.

Europe is the same as Australia so I had my hairdryer with me there, but it blew the power at our rural villa in Italy! Take note in rural areas not to overload the power!

Luggage restraints

Consider the size and weight of your baggage allowance when you fly. It may be better to splurge on a salon blowdry while you’re away and save the space for a new pair of shoes.

Do you take your hairdryer on holidays?

Tine @ Beautyholics Anonymous August 14, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Good tips! I usually bring my travel hairdryer with me when I travel but for the upcoming holiday, I checked with all the accommodations I’ll be staying at in advance on whether they have hairdryers or not. So glad to know that they have. One less item to carry with me :P

Hair Romance August 15, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Good tip to check ahead Tine! And save the space for more European shopping ;) xx

Nikki @ Styling You August 15, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I tossed up whether to take my hairdryer with me just this weekend gone and I really wish I had – the supplied dryer did the trick but is nowhere near as protective of my hair as my ghd Air. In the US last year, I just booked in for blow outs!

Belinda August 15, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Yes, I can not travel without my hairdryer!!!! Unless I am staying in a four star or higher rated hotel and know that they will have a hairdryer, and I can take my straightener for finishing touches!
When I travelled to the states I bought a cheap travel size dryer which was really cheap and then I didn’t have to worry about bringing a converter!

Lexi @ Glitter, Inc. August 16, 2013 at 12:32 am

I’m totally guilty of packing my hair dryer and flat iron on every vacation!

Curly wurly August 16, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I’ve found a somewhat middle man for travelling hair drying issues; I pack a universal diffuser that I can attach to almost any dryer. I can have volumous happy curls, minus the excessive weight or drying time.