Short Cut Saturday – Haircut inspiration

by Hair Romance on October 19, 2013 · 7 comments

in MFW,Short Hair

Hair Romance - Short hair inspiration from Milan Fashion Week

Hair Romance - Short haircut inspiration from Milan Fashion Week

I spotted this model at the Cristiano Burani show at Milan Fashion Week and I love her haircut.

It’s quite short at the back, almost boyish, but the longer front layers make this a versatile short haircut. You can wear it down, spiked up or parted to the side.

This style is best suited to straight to wavy hair. It will work well in fine to medium thickness hair.

Pair it with a bold lip, but I say that for almost every style ;)

Would you wear your hair this short? Have you ever tried this haircut?

Gabby October 19, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Hi love your blog:)
Do you think short hair makes you look older.
Im 40 single and after eleven years oh having long hair i cut it into a bob above my shoulders and i feel so liberate and sexy. Now i want to go shorter, i want a long pixie like Jenna Elfman but im worrying about looking old and becuase i will get marry next august and mostly all brides ” should ” have long hair ;)

Hair Romance October 19, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Hi Gabby, no I don’t think short hair makes you look older. It looks great at any age! And I don’t think all brides should have long hair either. I wrote about post-wedding haircuts here and you’ll find more short hairstyles for brides here xx

Gabby October 20, 2013 at 8:25 am

Thanks so much for your replay:) hope you include more post about short haircuts.
Forget to mention that my boyfriend , likes my bob style and he is happy for me about going shorter after our wedding.
I will be moving to his city after the honey moon so it will be all new for me , new city , new life as a married woman and a new haircuts!!!!
Love your blog
Best regards:)
Gabby recently posted..Short Cut Saturday – Haircut inspirationMy Profile

Elaine Larsen October 22, 2013 at 12:32 am

I’m thinking about going short. I’ll be 50 in February and the long hair sometimes feels heavy and frumpy. I hesitate to cut it because you have this great blog – which has really helped, and it takes so long to grow out and can be so awkward in the prpocess. And then you show that cute short haircut. . .

Hair Romance October 22, 2013 at 6:07 pm

haha sorry Elaine! I love short hair and keep thinking about the chop too but I’m staying long for now. I don’t think age is a factor, as long as your hair is on good condition you can wear it any length you like x

Mindy October 22, 2013 at 7:33 am

This is very similar to what I have now. I have a wave to the front & sides, and apparently strong curl in the back so we had to do short in the back like these photos. I love it, it’s a lot of fun. Very versatile. This is a good starting point to anyone who’s ever wanted a pixie–more length on top.

Never went this short before–had a messed up “pixie”(if you can call it that) 16 years ago–think a shortened version of Johnny Depp in the Chocolate Factory movie. :S

So, I jumped at the chance get it short by more of a professional. It’s been a month, and I have not regretted it at all.

Hair Romance October 22, 2013 at 6:02 pm

That’s awesome Mindy! Love that you’re loving your new cut x