Short Cut Saturday – 17 ways to style a bob haircut

Julianne Hough - 16 ways to wear a bob haircut

If you’re thinking about short hair, you need to head to Pinterest and search for Julianne Hough.

Nikki from Bellamumma tipped me off to Julianne’s amazing hair.

Since cutting her long hair, Julianne Hough has never looked better. I love how many different looks she creates with her bob length hair. Even keeping the length the same, she plays around with colour and layers to create new looks.  Don’t let anyone tell you short hair isn’t versatile.

Julianne Hough - upside down braid bun in bob length hair

And to prove it, exhibit #17 – Julianne Hough wearing an upside down braid bun in her bob length hair. Amazing!

Do you have a bob? What’s your favourite look?

Images via Bellamumma

Comments

1. says

Thanks so much for this post hun, I have a bob and I’m kinda stuck in a rut at the moment – I either wear it straight or curled and frankly I was getting bored. So many new ideas here, good hair days here I come!
    PS: I love Julianne Hough, she’s absolutely stunning and reminds me of another actress I can’t quite put my finger on.

2. says

She wears a bold lip so well, which is also something I think goes great with a bob. Thanks for the inspiration, I have a longish (aka overgrown) bob with the remnants of a fringe hanging around and it’s great to get some ideas.

I’ve had a hit and miss relationship with the bob too Steph, it can work but it needs a really good cut. I had a curly bob and it was one of my fave hairstyles.

3. Laney Galligan says

My hair is nearly as long as Julianne’s. It’s been such a long tedious slog growing out my pixie cut! I’m having fun with straightening irons for a bit of versatility though (I treated myself with some new Cloud 9 irons). I love the upside-down braid and bun – very inventive! My favourite is probably the top left one – very Meg Ryan.

That part of growing out a pixie is the worst, isn’t it? Now you can do so much with it! Those cloud nine irons are fab x

4. Alicia says

Oh wow! I’ve been contemplating cutting of my long hair for a long while now, and this post has brought me another step closer :-)