A new half-up hairstyle tutorial that’s knot your average style.
Ok ok, enough with the puns! This style is so simple and so easy you’ll be able to do it on the first attempt and in seconds.
I love the double knot ponytail tutorial I shot with This Island Life, but I wasn’t getting the same look in my hair. It’s just not quite long enough.
Instead I came up with this double knot half-up version. I have layers in my hair so it will still work in hair that’s a couple of inches shorter than mine. Try this easy hairstyle tutorial for when you want to wear your hair out but keep it off your face.
Knot your average half ponytail hairstyle tutorial
This hairstyle works in straight, wavy and curly hair. I think you see the detail of the know better in straight hair, but it also sits beautifully in curls. Start with however you like to wear your hair.
You’ll need: a small clear hair elastic, or a small elastic that matches your hair colour.
- Separate the top section of your hair. I like to take a section from above my ears so that some hair falls around my face.
- Split the top section in two.
- Make a knot in the top section. Like tying a shoelace, loop the right side around the left and pull through to form a knot. Pull it tight against your head.
- Repeat to form a double knot. This time loop the right side around the left again to form a knot. Pull it tight against your head.
- Secure the knot with an elastic. Holding both ends together, secure them with a small clear hair elastic at the base of the knot.
- Stretch the knot. Gently pull at the sides of the knot to emphasise the shape and to make your hair look thicker.
For this hairstyle to work, you really need a small elastic that will not stand out against your hair. Small clear elastics are best, or choose one that matches your hair colour so that you can barely see it in your hair.
If, like me, your hair is too short to try the double knot ponytail hairstyle tutorial, this half up version is perfect.
It’s a chic style to keep your hair back that only takes a minute to do.
If you like this style, pin it to Pinterest and please share it around. I hope you’ll give it a try in your hair xx