It’s a rare outfit post plus a FOTD from me!
I had so much fun at the Australian Hair Fashion Awards I thought I would relive the night again and show you what I wore plus my makeup kit for the night.
For those who don’t read beauty blogs all the time, FOTD stands for Face Of The Day, which means I’ll show you my face and tell you about the makeup I used.
But first my outfit. I have to thank Lola and Missy at Stevie English for convincing me that I could wear a jumpsuit. We all had no idea what to wear to the awards so after my hair appointment last week we went on a super quick shopping spree. Within 15 minutes we had my whole outfit sorted.
With hairdressers, the dress code is always open to interpretation. The AHFAs is a formal event and some will really dress up while others are more laid back. Trying to find that mix of black tie and cool is tricky. Chancing upon a jumpsuit with a cape fit the bill perfectly.
I really wasn’t convinced that I could pull off a jumpsuit. I have a long torso so it’s hard to find a one-piece that fits well. It was the cape that really won me over. I love anything with a cape.
My jumpsuit is from Seduce and my gold shoes are Topshop (last season). I teamed it with my mum’s vintage clutch and some of my favourite gold jewellery pieces. I can’t find the jumpsuit online yet as it’s just out.
For my hair I did a variation on this half-out braid hairstyle but this time I only did one braid at the back. I added a a spritz of Kevin Murphy Shimmer Shine Spray for extra shine. I love this product as it treats your hair as well as making it look fantastic.
My makeup for the Australian Hair Fashion Awards
I’m no makeup artist, and I’m not that adventurous with my beauty looks. I kept it simple with a small eyeliner flick and my all-time fave red lipstick.
What I used:
- L’Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur – This primer does have a blur effect with all the silicon and it makes a great base for foundation.
- L’Oreal Eau de Teint Nude Magique Foundation – A new find, this is a pretty good dupe for the Armani foundation that everyone is talking about for a fraction of the price. It has light-medium coverage so it evens out my skin without looking too heavy.
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – My skin has been having some huge hormonal flare-ups lately so this concealer is the best.
- M.A.C Studio Careblend Pressed Powder – My skin is oily so I finish with a light powder to set my face for a long night ahead.
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher Duo in Lover & Hussy – Love the pix of candy pink of the apples of my cheeks and the soft apricot at the top of my cheeks.
- Urban Decay Eye Primer – to stop my eyeshadow creasing
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – My only eyeshadow palette and for good reason – so easy to wear and they all work together so well.
- L’Oreal Super Liner Gelmatic – I love to line my upper waterline all the way to the inner corner of my eye and finish with a little wing at the outer corner.
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – LOVE this mascara. A few coats of this feels like I just got eyelash extensions. I considered wearing falsies but at the last minute (and as I was running out of time) I changed my mind.
- L’Oreal Color Riche Eye pencil in Sugar Vanilla – added a little shimmer to the inner corner of my eye with this pencil.
- Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Mahogany – to fill in my brows. I never leave the house without fixing my brows and my brow routine is here.
- Tom Ford Cherry Lush Lipstick – my FAVE red. Love this colour and always apply it with a lip brush for a perfect finish.
You can shop my face here!
As usual after all this makeup I was running late so only had time for a selfie in the taxi on the way there. Sorry for the iPhone pic, though I’m loving that sun flare.
Tell me, are you a fan of jumpsuits? And do you like this type of post?