Game of Thrones Hairstyle Tutorials

by Hair Romance on May 13, 2014 · 17 comments

in Tutorials

Hair Romance - Game of Thrones Hairstyles

To make it easier to follow my Game of Thrones hairstyle tutorial series, I’ve created this image of all the styles with links to each tutorial below.

Huge thanks to the lovely Ainslie and Meredith of Young The Label for helping me to shoot this series with their beautiful hair. These talented sisters also design some gorgeous handbags so you have to head over and tell them I sent you.

This is just the start of my Game of Thrones obsession and I’ll be shooting some more styles soon with inspiration from the latest series.

Until then, try the tutorials below and let me know which is your favourite.

Game of Thrones Hairstyles – Cersei Lannister braid tutorial

Game of Thrones Hairstyles – Daenarys Targaryen hair tutorial

Game of Thrones Hairstyles – Margaery Tyrell twist tutorial

Game of Thrones Hairstyles – Sansa Stark braid tutorial

Game of Thrones Hairstyles – Khaleesi Daenarys Targaryen braids tutorial

Please feel free to pin this image or share my tutorials. I’d love to see your hair in these styles, you can tag your photos #hairromance on instagram.

What other styles would you like tutorials for? Are there any other TV shows that I should create a hairstyle series for?

Helen May 14, 2014 at 1:21 am

Love theses styles – can’t wait to try them all! If you could, how about trying “Vikings”? Especially “Lagertha”‘s braided, “Mohawk-ey” style? I know if anyone can do it, you can! Thanks.

Hair Romance May 14, 2014 at 8:45 am

Thanks Helen! I’ve just watched the first episode of Vikings and there are some styles I definitely want to try x

Tee May 15, 2014 at 2:45 am

Ditto the Vikings comment. Lots of braids there too.

Hair Romance May 15, 2014 at 8:32 am

Thanks Tee, I’m on it :) xx

Gemma May 16, 2014 at 1:10 am

I was just about to write the same thing – it is such an awesome hairstyle! (She is also awesome :-) )

Hair Romance May 16, 2014 at 10:44 am

Thanks Gemma! x

Abbey May 14, 2014 at 4:36 am

I would LOVE a series on the hairstyles from HBO’s Rome. It’s not current, but the styles, particularly the simple ones on the lower-class characters, were lovely and I can’t find any information on how to recreate them myself.

Hair Romance May 14, 2014 at 8:44 am

Thanks for the suggestion Abbey! I haven’t seen the show but I’ll look it up now x

Kat - The Organised Housewife May 14, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Braid’s with a twist. Love all the styles.

Hair Romance May 14, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Thanks Kat! x

Anneri May 14, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Hi there! Great styles! I would love to try some, my hair sometimes curls just right like these girls :-)
I just always battle getting my ‘forehead’ area to look right, either the hair is pulled weird/tight, basically it just looks too ‘pulled back’.
I guess I need a way to soften the look a bit – like in the Sansa Stark photo. She has a bit of softer ‘baby’ hair near her temple..which I don’t. So apart from cutting some (haha) what can you suggest?

Maybe there is a ‘rule’ of sorts as to width of forehead vs width of braid? Does that even make sense :-)

Hair Romance May 14, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Hi Anneri, that’s a really good question. I actually ask for a few shorter layers to be cut around my face when I’m at the hairdresser. I have a friend who’s a stylist who loves cutting them and she calls them “man-catchers” as it is a softer look to have some tendrils of hair around your face. So without getting a haircut, I would adapt a style to suit your face. Most of the GoT hairstyles are centre parts but I used side parts for most of my tutorials as it’s more flattering on my models. You can leave your fringe/bangs out, or create a side sweeping look by pinning hair back after you’ve finished your updo. So for the Sansa braid, you could start the braids further back and leave the front of your hair out to frame your face. Hope this helps x

TAnk May 14, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Please do Bella’s hair from pitch perfect! (Specifically the braid updo thing she’s working during the radio station scene where Jesse keeps putting records in front of his face.) The first time I saw the movie, I was all, “hair romance needs to do this style, ugh.” So, yea, that. Carry being awesome in the meantime!

Hair Romance May 14, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Oh good idea! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Abby May 15, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Love all these gorgeous braid hairstyles. My favorite is the Sansa Stark braid :)

Jen June 20, 2014 at 3:12 am

I am so glad to finally see how these classic styles are done!!They can be done on regular hair, wigs, and extensions. The styles are always in style…moreson now because of GOT!!!I love this!

jojo June 23, 2014 at 10:43 pm

Can you pls post a vlog on how to look like tyrion lannister?