Another day, another Game of Thrones hairstyle tutorial. This series provides so much hairspiration!
This Game of Thrones hairstyle tutorial is inspired by the simple twists Margaery Tyrell wears in her hair. The best thing about this style is that it work in any length hair from shoulder length to mermaid tresses. Many of you have been asking for styles that don’t need really long hair and this one is for you.
Let’s face it, not many of us have hair this long, and neither do the cast of Game of Thrones. Natalie Dormer plays the ambitious Margaery Tyrell but have you seen her hair in real life?
Margaery wears this simple and demure style, but you know there’s so much more below the surface to her character.
Game of Thrones Hairstyles – Margaery Tyrell hairstyle tutorial
Margaery parts her hair in the centre, but choose your part to suit you. I’ve gone for a part slightly to the side for this version.
You’ll need a small clear hair elastic and some bobby pins for this style.
- Part your hair and take a section of hair on either side of your part to just above your temples. This will form your twists. Depending on how thick your hair is, you may want to take a larger section of hair to make your twisted section larger.
- Twist both sections back and join them with a small clear hair elastic. It’s important to use a small elastic so that it won’t show through in the finished style.
- Topsy tail your twist. To emphasise the twist, flip your hair up and over the elastic. You can do this a couple of times until your hair is sitting in a level twist across the back of your head.
- Tuck in the ends of your hair. Break up the hair below the elastic and hide it in with the rest of your hair. I’ve tucked it under another section of hair so that it’s disguised at the back.
- Pin the twist in place. Use a couple of bobby pins horizontally to pin the twist in place at the back of your head. You want t conceal the join at the elastic and make it look like a continuous twist.
For more Game of Thrones Hairstyle inspiration, see the other tutorials in this series:
Who do you think has the best hair on Game of Thrones?