Here’s the must-have styler for easy braids and my boho twist tutorial.
Brought to you by the Scünci Quick Twist
When I was little, I used to have the coolest hair styler for my doll. You just clipped her hair in it and with a flick of a switch it would create perfect braids in her hair every time.
Imagine how excited I was when I saw that Scünci have created a braiding tool that we can use in our own hair – the Quick Twist!
So many childhood memories came flashing back and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it and play. The Quick Twist is even easier to use than I the one I remember and you can do so much with it.
Seriously the Quick Twist is my go-to for easy summer hairstyles and here’s my first tutorial on how to create this simple boho twist braid.
The Boho Twist braid tutorial
What you need:
- 3 small hair elastics
- Scünci Quick Twist
- Brush your hair to remove any knots before you begin.
- Part your hair, either to the side in the middle – whatever you prefer. I like a side part and I’m going to leave some layers out around my face.
- Take a section of hair at the front and split it into two.
- Clip each section into the Scünci Quick Twist
- Create your twist by simply pushing the button up to twirl each section. Then push down to twist them together and create your braid.
- Secure the end of your braid with a small elastic.
- Repeat on the other side to create another twist braid.
- Join both braids together at the back of your head with an elastic. And that’s it!
As a bonus step, you can loop your fringe over the top of your braid to create a side-swept fringe.
- If you have layers, clip your hair in the Quick Twist at the shortest layer.
- Clip in one section of hair at a time to make sure you have all the hair in the clip.
- It helps to hold the Quick Twist out at the angle that you want your braid to sit, but you don’t have to.
This simple boho twist is just the starting point for all the different styles you can create with the Scünci Quick Twist.
Why not try two twists on each side, or do a ponytail of twists!
You can even do a faux waterfall braid, which is my new favourite style. I have a video tutorial for that coming up soon.
You can find the Scünci Quick Twist at Target, Big W, Myer, Priceline, Shavershop, Harvey Norman, Good Guys, Dick Smith, Betta Stores and all leading electrical retailers.
Did you have a tool like the Quick Twist when you were little? How excited are you now that they’re back?!