If you love to save, the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales are your dream.
For other it can be a nightmare so I’ve created my simple guide to make the most of the holiday sales.
Why do bloggers always write about the sales?
I know you’ll see a lot of bloggers writing about these sales but there’s a good reason.
First off, no-one likes to pay full retail, and when we get the heads up on a sale, it’s our duty to share.
But also, lots of bloggers use affiliate links (like me) and this can be a good way to earn before the holidays. With affiliate links you don’t pay any extra, but the blogger earns a few cents or dollars on every order that’s clicked through from their blog.
It’s not enough to retire to the beach but it’s enough for a new bikini. I only share links to shops I like and products I recommend.
Using a blogger’s affiliate link can be a way to say thank you. It’s a kind thing you can do to show you like their content and when you’re inspired to buy something.
My guide to navigate the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales
Never go into the sales without first following these tips:
- Make a list
If you’re like me, you’re easily distracted by shiny things. Make a list of who you need to buy for (including yourself) and stick to it.
- Check what you’ve already got
When shopping for yourself, go through your beauty cabinet and wardrobe to check for what you already have. It can be good to buy extras but certain beauty products can expire before you have a chance to use them.
- Look for gaps
I always forget to buy the basics and the sales are a great time to stock up anything missing from your wardrobe or makeup bag.
- Make wishlists
Before the sales start, prepare a wishlist and sign up for any accounts with the store. It will save you time and stress on the day and you won’t have to worry about a product being sold out before you check out.
- Team up with a friend
Split the cost of shipping by shopping with a friend. Many stores offer free shipping but in Australia, this can really help save costs. Some of the sales offer a discount for multiples or higher spends, and by combining your shop with a friend you can maximise your discount.
So now you’re prepared for what you need and what you want, here’s my pick of the best sales and offers. Check back as I’ll be updating this list as more offers are announced.
The best Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales
- Priceline – 50% off makeup and 40% off makeup gift sets on 23rd and 24th November only. AMAZING deal and I will be getting some Christmas presents and some new Bourjois lipsticks for me. Also this mascara is my current fave.
- Shopbop – Use code MORE17 to save up to 30% off, and you can get up to 75% off sale items too. I love their fast and free shipping to Australia and with the reverse seasons we can get some huge bargains. I will be buying these jeans to replace a pair I’ve worn to death and getting some gifts as well.
- Samantha Wills – take a massive 35% off sitewide from 23-27 November. I have quite a few of these beautiful boho jewellery pieces and they come beautifully boxed so make great gifts too.
- Country Road – Selected items are up to 50% off until 25th November and then it’s 25% off everything on 25th and 26th November. I bought this dress and will get some homewares when the sale is on.
- ASOS – Use code EPIC30 to take 30% off everything from 22-28 November. I find so many bargains at ASOS and it’s also a great place to buy The Ordinary skincare too.
- Sephora – 15% off (almost) everything!
- Ulta – So many specials coming up. This one is for my US readers, I wish they shipped to Australia.
I’ll be updating this list until Cyber Monday so bookmark this page and check back for new sales.
Do you love a sale? Are you organised for your Christmas gift shopping this year?