A tested tutorial for perfect heatless curls and your troubleshooting guide to fix any issues that come up with overnight curls and waves.
Why does no-one show you the back of their heatless waves??
I know why and I’ve got the tricks to fix it.
After a few hair fails, I’ve finally worked out the secrets to overnight curls.
You need to make sure your hair is completely dry, so if like me, your hair takes forever to dry, then I recommend allowing your hair to air dry or using a hairdryer before braiding.
Now let’s get to my perfect heatless curls tutorial in the video. More tips are continued below.
Perfect Heatless Curls – Your Troubleshooting Video Guide
Hope you enjoyed my video tutorial and you can subscribe to my YouTube Channel here.
- Before braiding, make sure your hair is smoothed out. I love Tangle Teezer brushes for removing knots but their new Finishing Brush is especially good for detangling and smoothing in one. It’s also available on Amazon here.
- Use tiny elastics to secure your braids. I normally use these but the new Invisibobble elastics seem to last a lot longer for me.
- If you have some dry ends or a few flyaways, a leave in conditioner spray is ideal for hydrating your hair and reducing frizz. I used the Kristin Ess Leave In Spray which is also available in Australia here.
- For extra dry hair or curly hair, I love how a leave in cream softens my hair and tames frizz. I use the Oribe Priming Lotion.
- Now to cover that gap at the back, styling powder is key for fine hair. If you have hair that won’t stay in place, a little sprinkle of hair powder will hold hair in place and add instant volume. I love this one and you can read more about styling powders here.
- If your roots are looking a little flat or you want to add more texture without weighing your hair down, then reach for dry shampoo. I love Batiste and if you don’t, you might be making this dry shampoo mistake.
- For defining your curls, a little serum or shine spray can make them pop. But you need to be careful you’re not just making your frizz shiny. O&M Frizzy Logic is a long time fave of mine for a reason. It smooths and adds shine but you don’t need to use much. You can find it here and here.
- The ultimate anti frizz product I’ve found to tame your part and any baby hairs is this magic stick product from Japan. I bought it overseas and am obsessed and luckily I found it online here and here.
Hope this helps with your next hairstyle!
I always love to see your hair if you try my hairstyles, please tag me on Instagram or use #hairromance so I can see you.