Charlize Theron takes the prize again for fabulous hair, this time at the 2012 Critics Choice Awards.
I adore this hairstyle, it teases you with details from each side and looks beautiful from every angle.
Charlize Theron’s long-time hair stylist Enzo Angileri created this asymmetrical braided bun. He took inspiration from the Spanish Flamenco feel of her black Azzedine Alaïa dress saying, “This look is a homage to Latin beauty; strong, elegant, and graceful. The condition of the hair had to look very healthy, smooth and polished – but with a subtle touch of texture that kept it modern.”
How-to get the look:
Here’s the step-by-step from Enzo as to how he tended Charlize’s locks:
- Hair was first shampooed with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo.
- Moroccanoil Light was then worked through the hair to smooth and protect Theron’s naturally wavy hair from the heat of the blow dryer as it was dried smooth and straight.
- Hair was then parted on the right side and a loose braid was made from hair at the nape of the, the braid was made gradually larger and looser as it reached the opposite side, and then secured with a pin.
- The remaining hair was taken and another thinner braid was made above the first one, with both braids directed toward the left ear.
- The braids were twisted together in a round, low bun and pinned in place in a carefully positioned so it could be seen from every angle.
- Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray was lightly misted all over the look, to add shine and highlight the shape and movement of the bun
I wouldn’t be surprised is a few hair extension pieces were used to extend the braids as I’m sure Charlize’s hair isn’t that long.
Need to learn how to braid your hair? Watch my video tutorial on this side braided hairstyle.
After Charlize’s gorgeous hairstyle at the Golden Globes, I can’t wait to see how she wears her hair to the Oscars. Will she make it a trifecta?
Images by Getty from Bellasugar Australia