Big Hair Friday – Brooke Shields in the Blue Lagoon

by Hair Romance on January 20, 2012 · 12 comments

in Beach Hair,Big Hair,Celebrity Hair,Long Hair

Remember my posts last year when I worked on the KMS Session Stylist competition shoot for Oyster Mag? Part of the inspiration for this shoot was Brooke Shields in The Blue Lagoon. I keep coming back to these images for hair inspiration, and I always wanted my hair to be long like this, so I could wear my hair like a mermaid bikini top.

I think that first photo of Brooke is just divine.

Why not wear your hair wild this weekend? Embrace the frizz and go natural.

Have fun with your hair x

Jen January 20, 2012 at 9:44 am

OMG!! I <3 Brooke Shields' hair in Blue Lagoon!!! I used to wish soooo bad that i had long thick hair like that. But, sadly, i have thin fine hair that never seems to grow much past my shoulders, and even when it does by the time it's that length it just looks really stringy and dead =( so I just keep it cut nice and short so it stays healthy and i use products to try and give it some volume. Glad you're back, missed your updates while you were enjoying your holiday break.

Hair Romance January 20, 2012 at 11:07 am

Thanks Jen! Glad to be back x

lilchicmama January 20, 2012 at 10:33 am

Im favoring the last picture with that little wispy curl above her brow! soo gorgeous… I know so many girls/women/mama’s who have that in their hair (me included) and they fight tooth and nail to get it to go away. Love the thought of embracing it! I might just go natural this weekend :D
Thanks for the inspiration!

*waves*

Hair Romance January 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

Definitely, embrace your natural texture!

Lucy January 20, 2012 at 11:29 am

Oh my, Brooke Shields is such a natural beauty. Wish i could look like that :) Great post

This blog is unreal. So excited I stumbled across it. I have begun following it on bloglovin, so definitely looking forward to future posts.

I have just started my own blog, and this is a true inspiration! Thanks.

Luc X

luceinthesky-lpilz.blogspot.com/

Hair Romance January 20, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Thanks Lucy! Good luck with your blog, I’ll check it out x

Jessica January 20, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I wish my hair was that long. I don’t think my hair will ever get that long and be natural, I’m already having a ton of split ends with my hair length now haha.

Me my best and I January 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Gosh she was just mesmerisingly beautiful in that movie wasn’t she! Imagine that thick, long hair before hair extensions were about !!

Hair Romance January 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm

So true! She’s such a natural beauty

Janessa March 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I agree, she’s beautiful! I can’t wait til the day I have hair that length and thickness again (once my layers grow out).
:] If you’ve never tried Khiel’s Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, you must! It makes my hair so soft and not frizzy, detangles it too. I just used it yesterday night and my hair was so soft and smooth, I had a hard time keeping it braided and pinned up!

Hair Romance March 9, 2013 at 10:07 am

ooh I need to try that mask! I love their amino acid shampoo too x

Janessa March 9, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I’ll have to get that aa shampoo :D, thanks Christina! After using that hair mask my hair feels bouncy after it dries.
My hair type: I have straight hair but not pin-straight hair that is medium in thickness, and quite full. It holds a curl extremely well.