Best Hair Accessory DIYs

by Hair Romance on March 19, 2012 · 11 comments

in Hair Trends

Ever since I bought a glue gun and attempted my first DIY, the floral headband, I’ve been scouring the interweb for more inspiration.

Here’s a round up of the best DIY hair accessories from some of my favourite DIY bloggers with links to the full DIYs.

Honestly WTF – Chanel pearl hair pins

Honestyly WTF – Floral halo

I Spy DIY – Crystal and rhinestone headbands inspired by the Golden Globes

A pair and a spare – Jewelled headband also inspired by the Golden Globes

P.S. I made this – crystal wrapped headband

P.S. I made this – braided headband

I Spy DIY for The Budget Fashionista – Ribbon chain headband

P.S. I made this – Hair comb

And a bonus DIY – are you always looking for bobby pins? This necklace will keep them all in once place and you can change your hair during the night too! I would like to see it spray painted in neon yellow.

Glitter’n Glue – Bobby pin statement necklace

Who is your favourite DIY blogger?

miss chew March 19, 2012 at 11:22 am

Omg I love this post, I really want to go to lindcraft and stock up… I am really impressed with these results. You have given me heaps of inspiration!
miss chew recently posted..Biotherm White D-Tox BB CreamMy Profile

Hair Romance March 19, 2012 at 11:42 am

Thanks! I just wish we had better craft supply stores here. Lincraft is pretty average, I don’t know where to find all the trims and beads.

Tracy March 19, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I love hair bands and scarves but they never stay in ! is there a trick I am missing ??

Hair Romance March 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Not sure Tracy, I am planning a post on how to wear headbands so hopefully that may clear things up? Will shoot the rest of the pics once I get my hair coloured in a week or so

Norlin March 19, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Wow! Some really great ideas there. I love the headband with the raffia the best, I mean who would have thought such simple items can make something look expensive!
Norlin recently posted..Natural Beauty Remedies for Your SkinMy Profile

Hair Romance March 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I know, I am definitely making that one. As soon as I can find diamonte chain…

Visha March 19, 2012 at 5:41 pm

absolutely LOVED all

I have been following your blog for quite sometime but never commented :)
but this post was so beautiful that I had to tell you haha..

I have tried your very first twist and pin hairstyle and it came out super nice

Hair Romance March 19, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Visha! Thank you for leaving a comment and thank you so much for trying my hairstyles too x

Grace - Stripes & Sequins March 20, 2012 at 3:18 am

I’m my own favorite DIY blogger… but it would be a massive understatement to say that I absolutely LOVE all of the ladies you featured. Great round-up!!
Grace – Stripes & Sequins recently posted..DIY: Holst + Lee inspired rope braceletMy Profile

Hair Romance March 20, 2012 at 10:29 am

You totally inspired me to get a glue gun Grace! I love your DIYs and Stripes and Sequins is one of my favourite reads x

Alexa Chunga February 3, 2014 at 8:34 am