Hair Director extraordinaire and Redken Creative Consultant Guido Palau was behind some of my favourite shows of New York Fashion Week.
I can’t go past a turban and I love the look he created for the Marc by Marc Jacobs show. Guido says, “This is a very easy, simple hairstyle. We wrapped these bright fabrics around the head, and then pinned the hair up into a very messy chignon. It feels very young, light-hearted and nonchalant. It’s a mix of inspiration from the 70s and 80s and almost has a punky feel to it.”
How to get the look
- Start with damp hair and spray a volumising mousse throughout, this will give it some texture and ensure that when it’s pinned up, it will stay.
- Rough dry hair brushing straight back with a boar-bristle brush.
- Freely apply Redken powder grip 03 all over to encourage soft texture to hair.
- Turn head upside down and wrap fabric headband around head tying at the nape of the neck.
- Gather hair into a loose ponytail at the crown and secure.
- Fold the loose ponytail up into a messy chignon and pin with open fasteners
- Mist entire style with hair spray to set the style.
Guido used guts 10 volume spray foam and fashion work 12 spray.
You can take this runway style and wear it your way tomorrow. It’s a laid-back look that would hide a bad hair day in style.
Where would you wear this turban style?