The crimp is back – MBFF Brisbane

by Hair Romance on September 6, 2012 · 8 comments

in Hair Trends,MBFF

Dust off those crimpers, texture is back as seen at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival (MBFF) Brisbane.

Hair Director Craig Smith, Creative Ambassador for Schwarzkopf Professional, made texture the focus for all these key summer looks. I love the teased and crimped crown on the fishtail braid.

For the swim shows, Craig created a look of “hair exploding out from under a bathing cap”. “This look is just summer fun,” said Craig. “It juxtaposes sleek poolside glamour with something a bit more quirky and unexpected.”

To bring back the crimp in your hair, preparation is key. Craig used Schwarzkopf Professional OSiS Grip Mousse for volume and hold and to ensure the hair holds its shape. Don’t forget to use a heat protectant too.

Are you ready to bring back the crimp?

Maribeth September 6, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I have to say, I’m sort of psyched that crimping is “back” :) That being said, I dislike the fact that I am now old enough to remember when trends were hot “the first time around”! hahaha
Maribeth recently posted..Urban Outfiters "Chilly" Nail PolishMy Profile

Hair Romance September 7, 2012 at 4:58 pm

haha I remember it too but I don’t think I was doing it right the first time. I prefer this softer, textured look.

Kelly September 7, 2012 at 1:15 am

I absolutely love that crimping is making a cool comeback.
When I went to the LOOK Show last year the models had big crimped hair brushed through to give a really fuzzy texture, with half tucked into a ponytail. It looked great.
x

Hair Romance September 7, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Me too Kelly, I love that fluffy texture x

Kimberley September 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Hi
Loving your daily braids, can’t wait for the ebook to become available. I’m hoping you include instructions for the braid at the top of this post. I saw it being done once but they were bascially sewing the hair, hoping this is one we can recreate without a needle and thread.

Hair Romance September 11, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Thanks Kimberley! Yes I’ll have instructions for this braid in my new ebook, it’s so gorgeous and no thread required x

LA September 11, 2012 at 2:27 am

So damn on trend – this hair texture is sublime

Hair Romance September 11, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I’m loving the smooth roots to the soft ends, bring on the crimp x