Emerald Green Hair – Pantone Colour of the Year 2013

Pantone - Emerald - Color of the year 2013 - Hair Romance

Pantone, the global authority on colour has announced Emerald as Colour of the Year for 2013. I am still stuck on 2012’s Colour of the Year, Tangerine Tango, but I can already feel this shade of green creeping in to my accessories.

In 2012 I rocked some Tangerine Tango in my hair (mixed in with my pink ombre hair) and I’ve pulled together this inspiration board just in case you were wondering about how you could wear emerald green hair.

Green hair may not be for everyone, and I (probably) won’t be rocking emerald hair this year. However I adore this urban turban in the perfect emerald as worn by the stylish Beatrix Ost.

Beatrix Ost - Advanced Style - Emerald Green turban

Another way to wear this colour trend is on your nails. Check out Nail Romance for some Pantone emerald green nailspiration.

How will you be wearing the Pantone Colour of the Year? Would you dare to wear emerald green hair?

Image credits: Emily Marysia, Advanced Style, Volt, Pinterest

Comments

Hi Kelly! I wasn’t sure I’d like it and when I first started looking I found some awful green hair, but these images are really growing on me. I don’t think I’ll do it but never say never… x

1. Jen says

And all this time I thought green hair was a fashion faux pas and obvious sign you had a mishap in a chlorinated pool. What’s, while I love my green eyes, I doubt I’ll try green hair.

Haha that’s my first thought of green hair too, but I was won over by these pics. On the right person it can work, but it’s definitely not for everyone x

2. says

Some of these dye jobs are gorgeous. Others… look like the result of too much time in the swimming pool. I’m not brave enough to go here. I think I’ll be wearing my emerald elsewhere this year. :-D
    Michelle recently posted..Slither.My Profile

Hi Michelle! Yes, I’ll be buying green tops and dresses this year as this gorgeous shade hasn’t been in stores for a long time x

3. says

Emerald is my birthstone (May), so naturally I love it. But (like Jen said above) the only time I’ve had green hair was when I was a very blonde kiddo, and I swam in a very chlorinated pool. I’ll pass on the green-hair trend.
    nicole b. recently posted..ListeningMy Profile

haha yes green-tinged hair is definitely a bad childhood memory of mine too! I was surprised how many ways I found to wear green hair, but it’s not for everyone x

4. says

Kind of makes me want to give those girl’s hair a good wash. That being said I do like the fantastical mermaidness of it all. Love the turban though I think I would feel a little too Wizard of Oz if it were atop of my crown…

haha like they’ve spent too long in a chlorinated pool? It’s definitely a very mermaid colour and needs some confidence to really wear it. I’m currently searching for a green turban, or a scarf I can make into one…x

5. Bailey says

Ahh!! love the green hair! definitely my favourite. too bad i have red hair… :( it wouldn’t look good in my hair. Fantastic colour!

6. Lis says

Reading this reminded me of when I had my hair dyed green, I must have been 18 and it actually looked quite good. Even my gran liked it!
    Don’t think it would be a good look for me now on the school run though.

Haha would give them something to talk about at the school gate ;) Your gran sounds pretty cool. My family freaked when I dyed my hair crazy colours x

7. curlywurly says

I’m not sure I could pull off the whole green hair thing.. but i’m sure to make the most of green hair accessories, clothes etc :) loving it!

Me too, emerald earrings over emerald hair. Though who would have thought I’d have pink & orange hair last year so never say never … ;)

8. says

Hi there! I haven’t read all the comments, so not sure if this has been asked before.. But is there any green hair colour/dye that would last a while (or is real easy to apply) for darker hair (think mid-tones brown) without having to bleach it first? Does anyone know?
    Lise Sofie recently posted..Etsy thoughtsMy Profile

Hi Lise Sofie, unfortunately no. Depending on how dark your hair is you will still see some green, but if you want a more vibrant colour you need to lighten your ends first. Mid-tone brown should show some colour so you could always do a test patch underneath at the back to see how the colour takes. Directions and Manic Panic are good brands for bright hair dye. It’s always a good idea to do a test patch first to check for allergies and to test how quickly your hair takes the colour x