Inspired by the simple braided updo at the hairstyle at the Valentino Couture show, this upstyle is easy to achieve in your own hair.
You only need to know how to do a basic 3-strand brand for this hairstyle, and just Twist & Pin for the low bun at the back.
- Make a deep centre part
- Take a section by your part and make a braid (plait)
- When you reach your ear, take two more sections of hair on either side of your braid and combine them into a three strand braid (plait)
- Repeat the double braid on the opposite side
- Gather all your hair into a low ponytail
- Twist & Pin your hair into a low bun
This braided hairstyle works in both straight or wavy hair and suits medium to long hair. If your hair is very long, you can also braid your ponytail at the back and twist it around into a braided bun.
How would you wear the double braid?