How to do an updo in short hair

by Hair Romance on May 25, 2013 · 6 comments

in Celebrity Hair,Short Hair,Tutorials

Think you can’t do an updo in short hair? Think again…

o-MARION-COTILLARD-BEEHIVE-HAIRSTYLE-570

Hair Romance loves Marion Cotillard’s hair as she know how versatile a bob hairstyle can be. This latest hairstyle as seen on the red carpet at Cannes takes it to a whole new level.

'Blood Ties' Premiere - The 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival

With some extra special backcombing, Marion’s bob has been transformed into a 1960s inspired updo. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a little padding inside that beehive, but with some styling powder and some backcombing you too can achieve this hairstyle.

Short hair updo tutorial by Keiko Lynn

Cutting her hair hasn’t stopped Keiko Lynn from creating some fabulous hairstyle tutorials.

Keiko Lynn - updo for short hair tutorial

Visit her post for the full hairstyle tutorial including a cute variation with a scarf.

For those of you with long hair, you can also fake short hair with this faux bob tutorial.

Have you ever tried an upstyle in short hair? Let me know if you try this 1960s inspired style.

Images via HuffPost

Cybele May 25, 2013 at 6:57 pm

It had never occurred to me that I could do a big up do with my hair. I’m feeling all inspired and love that Marion C was part of the inspiration x

Hair Romance May 26, 2013 at 8:30 am

I love Marion! I was so inspired when I saw this pic of her. You could totally rock this look in your hair too! X

Hannah May 26, 2013 at 9:25 am

Loving the short hair inspiration! I recently cut my hair this short, and have had so many different and fun ways to wear it – I LOVE it! Even getting caught in the rain and ending up with 3 different looks (from straight to 20′s waves to crazy curls!) in one day and instead of it being a bad hair day it was an awesome hair day!
I will have to try the updo soon! Anything is possible with some hairspray and bobby pins! :)

Alana May 26, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I love this, i wish i had found this when i had just cut my hair it would have been the perfect length!
Alana recently posted..Highlight and ContureMy Profile

Ana June 16, 2013 at 9:18 pm

This is great – I love short hair and I love updos, so I’ve always wondered how to combine my two loves in one hairdo :D .
Ana recently posted..f-featherbrain:

Béla Révész. Találkozás Hamupipőkével.Budapest:…My Profile

Hair Romance June 17, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Ana, having short hair doesn’t mean you can’t wear an updo! x