How to wear winged eyeliner for day

by Hair Romance on May 20, 2013 · 13 comments

in Makeup Monday

How to do the perfect winged eyeliner

One of my favourite beauty looks is the perfect winged eyeliner. Perhaps it was my love of Brigitte Bardot, but I adore a cats-eye liner. It was one of my first beauty trends and I’ve rediscovered how wearable this look is.

How to wear a winged eyeliner for day

beauty tips how to do winged eyeliner

beauty tips how to do winged eyeliner

• Draw your liner thin along your lashline and just add a small flick at the end
  • Keep the rest of your look natural – conceal any blemishes and wear a pink or natural blush
  • A pale pink lip is perfect for day, though you know I also love a red lip!

Eyeliner pens – Splurge vs Steal

best eyeliner pens - chanel ecriture - maybelline master liner

Do you have trouble drawing on liquid eyeliner? Try an eyeliner pen.

My long time favourite eyeliner pen is the Chanel Ecriture but I was recently sent the Maybelline Master Precise Liner and I’m pretty impressed. It has a finer tip than the Chanel and wears well all day. It’s a total steal.

Looking for more eyeliner inspiration? Love this illustration by Michelle Ricks from Ever & Wright.

perfect winged eyeliner

What’s your favourite product for winged eyeliner?

Madison May 20, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I completely agree about the Chanel eyeliner! It is the best eyeliner around. I was introduced to it about 3 years ago and I wear it literally every day – it’s a splurge but it lasts about a year and a half so I think it’s £25 very well spent!

Hair Romance May 20, 2013 at 5:47 pm

How foolproof is it Madison? I’ve been using it for years too but I was surprised at how good the Maybelline version is

Kat May 20, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I love Maybelline’s Line Stiletto. My only complaint… It needs to come with more product in the bottle. A bigger bottle would be great.
Kat recently posted..Well isn’t that just beachy.My Profile

Hair Romance May 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Thanks Kat, that’s a good point. I’ve only started using mine so I’ll see how long it lasts me.

Hillevi May 22, 2013 at 5:44 am

Tried all the high price ones.. but for normal eyeliner I like the clinique intense quickliner best but for winged eyeliner nothing is better (or cheaper) then the liquid eyeliner from H&M. It’s easy to draw perfect wings with and lasts forever.

Hair Romance May 23, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Wow thanks Hillevi, I’ve never bought any makeup from H&M but that sounds great! X

Lara @ swatchgirl May 22, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Oh man, you know I love me some black liquid liner. For what it’s worth I swear by MAC SuperSlick liquid dip liner – it has a fine nib like a pen liner, but has the inky dark pigment of a traditional dip liner. Wears like iron too, and I’m prone to having most liquid liners end up somewhere around my cheeks.

Bridget Bardot, more like super fox. What a fantastic photo!
Lara @ swatchgirl recently posted..The Body Shop Coconut Shower CreamMy Profile

Hair Romance May 23, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Thanks for the recommendation lovely! You know your stuff x

Mindy May 23, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Thanks. Picked up and tried out the Maybelline Master Precise. I think it is pretty user friendly and foolproof. I have always had problem with a lot of regular eyeliner pencils, and just started getting the hang of gel eyeliner with an angled brush. I like this one better than the short liquid eyeliners–I don’t feel like I’m about to drop it due to length.

Hair Romance May 23, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Thanks Mindy! Glad you like it too. I need foolproof makeup and I love the fine tip on this pen

Once Upon a Cream May 23, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Lovin’ this post! I’m going to make it my mission to try all of the looks Michelle Ricks recommends. At the moment my fave is the Y-3.

Hair Romance May 23, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Thanks lovely! With our new lash skills we can really pull out some new eyeliner tricks x

Salons Direct May 31, 2013 at 11:47 pm

This is such a useful post! We love wearing winged liner for daytime, but sometimes the fear of overdoing it creeps in, and we’ll end up reaching for a pencil and smudging it into our top lashline. We’ll be taking some of these tips with us and rocking our winged liner in the day again, no doubt!