How to wear winged eyeliner for day

How to do the perfect winged eyeliner

One of my favourite beauty looks is the perfect winged eyeliner. Perhaps it was my love of Brigitte Bardot, but I adore a cats-eye liner. It was one of my first beauty trends and I’ve rediscovered how wearable this look is.

How to wear a winged eyeliner for day

beauty tips how to do winged eyeliner

beauty tips how to do winged eyeliner

• Draw your liner thin along your lashline and just add a small flick at the end
  • Keep the rest of your look natural – conceal any blemishes and wear a pink or natural blush
  • A pale pink lip is perfect for day, though you know I also love a red lip!

Eyeliner pens – Splurge vs Steal

best eyeliner pens - chanel ecriture - maybelline master liner

Do you have trouble drawing on liquid eyeliner? Try an eyeliner pen.

My long time favourite eyeliner pen is the Chanel Ecriture but I was recently sent the Maybelline Master Precise Liner and I’m pretty impressed. It has a finer tip than the Chanel and wears well all day. It’s a total steal.

Looking for more eyeliner inspiration? Love this illustration by Michelle Ricks from Ever & Wright.

perfect winged eyeliner

What’s your favourite product for winged eyeliner?

Comments

1. Madison says

I completely agree about the Chanel eyeliner! It is the best eyeliner around. I was introduced to it about 3 years ago and I wear it literally every day – it’s a splurge but it lasts about a year and a half so I think it’s £25 very well spent!

How foolproof is it Madison? I’ve been using it for years too but I was surprised at how good the Maybelline version is

Thanks Kat, that’s a good point. I’ve only started using mine so I’ll see how long it lasts me.

2. Hillevi says

Tried all the high price ones.. but for normal eyeliner I like the clinique intense quickliner best but for winged eyeliner nothing is better (or cheaper) then the liquid eyeliner from H&M. It’s easy to draw perfect wings with and lasts forever.

3. says

Oh man, you know I love me some black liquid liner. For what it’s worth I swear by MAC SuperSlick liquid dip liner – it has a fine nib like a pen liner, but has the inky dark pigment of a traditional dip liner. Wears like iron too, and I’m prone to having most liquid liners end up somewhere around my cheeks.

Bridget Bardot, more like super fox. What a fantastic photo!
    Lara @ swatchgirl recently posted..The Body Shop Coconut Shower CreamMy Profile

4. Mindy says

Thanks. Picked up and tried out the Maybelline Master Precise. I think it is pretty user friendly and foolproof. I have always had problem with a lot of regular eyeliner pencils, and just started getting the hang of gel eyeliner with an angled brush. I like this one better than the short liquid eyeliners–I don’t feel like I’m about to drop it due to length.

Thanks Mindy! Glad you like it too. I need foolproof makeup and I love the fine tip on this pen

5. says

This is such a useful post! We love wearing winged liner for daytime, but sometimes the fear of overdoing it creeps in, and we’ll end up reaching for a pencil and smudging it into our top lashline. We’ll be taking some of these tips with us and rocking our winged liner in the day again, no doubt!