Here’s a new video tutorial for one of my favourite hairstyles, the half crown braid.
I wear this style a lot because it’s both pretty and practical. You can wear your hair down but the braids keep your hair back and away from your face. Plus it takes less than two minutes to do!
This hairstyle works in both curly and straight hair and you can find my picture tutorial for the half crown braid in straight hair here.
Half Crown Braid Tutorial in Curly Hair – Video Tutorial
What you need: 2 clear hair elastics and bobby pins
- Start by taking a 1-2 inch section of hair on the left side of your hair above your ear. Split this section in three and make a braid (plait).
- Angle the braid back around your head and secure the end of the braid with a small clear hair elastic.
- Repeat on the right side, taking a section above your ear and making a braid (plait). Secure the end with a small clear elastic.
- Bring one braid across the back of your head and pin in place with bobby pins.
- Cross the other braid over the first and tuck the end in behind the first braid. Secure in place with bobby pins.
Take me back to the Whitsundays! At least I can still wear my hair this way at home.
Hope you like this style and are enjoying my curly hair tutorial series! You can find the previous videos here:
I’d love to know if you try this style! Tag your photos #hairromance so I can see them xx