Here’s the next instalment of my curly hairstyle video tutorial series from Hayman Island!
Now we had the first video showing you how to restyle your curly hair on the second day, then a 1 minute braided bun and a 2 minute braided crown and here’s my tucked French braid that can be done in under 3 minutes!
Before and After
This is a fantastic style for hiding away your messy curls. It works just as well in straight hair as in curly hair and keeps your hair up and off your neck. It’s perfect for summer days or also in winter when your curls can get knotty as they get tangled with your jacket and scarf.
Tucked French Braid Updo in Curly Hair Video Tutorial
You’ll need a small clear hair elastic and a couple of bobby pins to do this hairstyle.
- Pin back your fringe / bangs with a bobby pin. I like to leave a little height on top for this style
- Combine the section you’ve just pinned back with a little more hair and split into 3 equal pieces
- Cross the left piece over the middle, then the right over the left as you would form a regular braid
- Then add in hair from the left and combine it with the braid
- Repeat on the right side to form a French braid
- Continue braiding down the back of your head. I added in large sections as it’s hard to do small, neat sections in curly hair
- Secure the end of your braid with a small clear hair elastic
- Stretch your braid to even it out
- Roll the end of your braid under and pin in place with a bobby pin. That’s it!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I’m still learning about making videos so please let me know any feedback so I can improve.
I’d love to see if you try this style in your hair so tag your photos #hairromance