How do you dress up your ponytail? Put a bow on it!
It’s even better when you make a bow with your own hair. Today’s tutorial is a special guest post by Ulrika of Yet Another Beauty Site. Ulrika is Swedish but now lives in Greece and blogs about hair, makeup and nails.
This hairstyle is best for long, straight or wavy hair, or you could fake it with a ponytail extension if you have short hair.
Big Ponytail Hair Bow Tutorial
- Put your hair in a ponytail. You can do this on a high ponytail, low ponytail or a side ponytail, it´s up to you what you prefer!
- Wrap some hair around the elastic and secure with a bobby pin.
- Take a section of hair from the ponytail.
- Use a small elastic in the same color as your hair or a clear one and wrap around the small section of hair you just picked up (like you do when you make a ponytail). The last time don´t pull the hair all the way through.
- Instead let it create a loop.
- Divide your loop in two parts.
- Secure the loops with bobby pins to create the bow, one from up to down and the other from down to up. Start with one side.
- And then do the other side.
- Take a small piece of hair from just under the elastic of the bow.
- Pull it over the small elastic and secure with a bobby pin.
- Take the remaining hair and roll it together as a loop and hide in one of the bows and secure with a bobby pin!
Finished! Now you have a cute Big ponytail Bow!
You can vary this hairstyle and wear it high, low or on the side and you can make your bow small or big, just use the same technique!
Thanks so much Ulrika for creating this tutorial for Hair Romance! Check out Yet Another Beauty Site for more tutorials.
Where would you wear the Big Ponytail Bow?