So simple and so chic! Roll your hair up in this elegant chignon that only takes a minute to do.
Thanks Rosalie for being my hair model for this tutorial. You might remember we gave Rosalie Radiant Orchid hair and I had to do some hair tutorials while she had such fun coloured hair.
I love the juxtapostion of a classic hairstyle with some crazy colour poking through. This updo is really easy and will keep your hair up and out of the way in no time at all.
Rolled chignon hairstyle tutorial
This style works best in medium to long hair, and looks great in curly or straight hair.
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck.
- Pull your elastic down your hair. Holding your hair above the elastic, pull the elastic a couple of inches down your hair.
- Roll your ponytail up. Starting at the end of your ponytail, roll your ponytail up around your fingers.
- Tuck your roll in to make your chignon. Take your ponytail roll and tuck in in to your hair above your hair elastic.
- Pin the roll in place with bobby pins. Slide pins across horizontally to hold the chignon.
- If you have a fringe or side bangs, place a bobby pin on the end of your hair and pin it in place under your hair.
- You can leave your fringe/bangs out if you like, or by putting a pin on the ends first, you’ll hold them out of your way under the rest of your hair.
- Use hairspray to finish the style and hold it all in place.
- If your hair is “slippery” and feels too soft or keeps falling out, try dry shampoo. Spray some dry shampoo on the midlengths and ends of your hair to add some grip. You could also use a sea salt spray or dry wax if you have it.
Where would you wear this simple, chic chignon? I’d love to see a photo if you try it in your hair!