More #normcore 90s hair!
Yesterday I shared a tutorial for the half up hair knot. My friend (and hair model) Rosalie messaged me to say she had been wearing that style non-stop on her European summer holiday.
I doubt she’ll say the same for this style…
I mean, Rosalie does makes these double buns look cool but it’s a style you don’t see that often. Does anyone else remember these double buns from the first time around?
Channel your inner 90s girl and try a normcore hairstyle. Keep reading for the full tutorial.
90s inspired #normcore hair tutorial – double buns
- 2 hair elastics
- Bobby pins
- Create a centre part. No need to be too neat, just separate your hair into two equal sections.
- Put your hair up into pigtails. Place them right at the back of your head.
- Twist your ponytail up and around. Pin your bun in place but leave the ends hanging down.
- Repeat on the other ponytail, leaving the ends hanging loose at the back. Pin in place with bobby pins.
- Twist the buns down, around and to the centre, so that your end are hanging down in the middle.
- Leave some hair loose at the front. Go super 90s with two tendrils of hair, or leave your fringe/bangs outs.
Would you rock these 90s double buns? How would you wear them?