Sick of brushing your hair off your face? Try this simple half-up with a twist hairstyle tutorial.
When my hair is fresh I love wearing it out but I’m forever tucking it behind my ears. I created two simple hair tutorials to pin back your hair but I’ve been playing around with a few asymmetrical styles lately that have become my new favourites.
This simple half-up twist hairstyle is the first in a series I’ll be sharing this week. Hope you try it and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Half-up Twist Hairstyle Tutorial
What you need:
A small hair elastic
- Part your hair in the centre or to the right.
- Take a small pice of hair from either side of your head along the front of your hairline. You can add in more hair if you like.
- Connect both sides with a hair elastic about an inch behind your left ear.
- Topsy tail the section by flipping it up and inside, twisting it down. And that’s it!
- You can pin the twist in place if you want the style to be really secure. You can even hide the ends under the rest of your hair.
- Make sure you use a small clear hair elastic, or match your hair colour, so it doesn’t stand out in the finished style.
- I curled the ends of my hair with a large barrel curling wand to achieve these curls then brushed them out with a bristle brush.
This half-up twist hairstyle tutorial is super quick and easy. It would also look cute with a hair accessory pinned where the twist is, don’t you think?
Let me know if you try this hairstyle and tag your insta-pics #hairromance.