Wear your heart in your hair with this easy heart braid that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
I wasn’t going to post a Valentine’s Day hairstyle as I’m not really into Valentine’s Day. I posted a similar Valentine’s Day hairstyle last year and this variation came to me as I was out for a run this morning.
It’s easy to add in to your hair, and you can amend it to sit anywhere in your hair. Here’s how to get the look.
Valentine’s Day Hairstyle Tutorial – Heart Braid
Step by Step
- Take a one inch section of hair, split it into three and make a regular braid (plait).
- Take another one inch section of hair level with the first. Leave a small gap between the two sections. Split the section in three and make a regular braid (plait).
- Twist the braid up and around to form the top of the heart. Use bobby pins to pin in place.
- Repeat with the second braid, pinning it to the first braid to form the top of the heart.
- Connect the ends of the braids together where the bottom point of the heart will be. Pin in place with bobby pins and hide the ends of the braids with the rest of your hair.
- Stretch out your braids to make them appear thicker.
- This hairstyle suits hair from shoulder length to very long hair. If you have long hair, you can combine both braids with one elastic at the bottom point of the heart and pin the elastic in place. Your hair will blend in more easily then below the heart.
- Use small clear elastics so that they are not obvious in the finished hairstyle.
Do you do something special for Valentine’s Day? How will you wear your hair?