A side braid is one of my favourite quick and easy everyday hairstyles but in this tutorial I’ll show you a quick trick to pretty up your side braid in just 2 minutes.
I’ve also got the lovely Elly and her amazing pink hair to help me with this hairstyle tutorial.
Side braid hairstyle tutorial with a trick
A basic side braid is perfect for everyday, but trick up your hairstyle by adding a little braid detail to the top.
By adding two little braids (plaits) you instantly pretty up this look and it takes less than two minutes to do.
What you need:
- 3 small hair elastics
- Part your hair on the right side and take a small 1/2 inch section of hair to make a little braid (plait).
- Take a second section of hair next to the first braid and repeat. Secure the end of your braids with small clear hair elastics.
- Brush all of your hair over your left shoulder and split it into three equal sections. Include the two small braids in the front section.
- Always starting with the front section, braid your hair in a regular braid at the side. Depending on how thick your hair is, you can leave the small elastics at the ends of your little braids, or you can remove them as you braid them into the side braid.
- Secure the end of your braid with a small hair elastic and don’t forget to stretch it out!
The little braids add such a pretty detail to this easy hairstyle. It’s simple and quick enough to do in the morning but it also makes a lovely style for attending a wedding or party.
Here are some tips and tricks for your side braid:
- Instead of just two braids, you could try three or four to add more detail.
- Try a fishtail braid instead of a regular braid, either for the small braids or the side braid.
- Always start your braid with the front section of hair. By crossing this section over the middle first, your hair will sweep away from your face and sit just over the top of your ear.
What’s your favourite way to wear a side braid? Do you have any tricks to pretty it up fast?