This curly hair tutorial is perfect for day 2 (or 3) hair and tucks all of your messy curls out of the way.
Sometimes with my hair, I plan my styles in advance and somedays I just play around and see what happens. This is one of those days.
This curly twist tutorial was a bit of an experiment and I wasn’t sure if you’d like it. But when I shared a photo on instagram, you asked for a tutorial so here it is!
You could turn this into a mod look, or a more punk faux-hawk style so it’s a really versatile updo for curly hair.
Curly hair tutorial – easy curly twist updo
What you need:
- A bunch of bobby pins
- Gather your hair into a ponytail, low at the back of your head.
- Twist up and start tucking. Have your bobby pins ready and start pinning the twist in place at the back.
- Keep twisting forwards and make sure your twist is tight up to the crown of your head.
- Roll the front section. Depending on how long your hair is, you can fold your hair into the twist, or roll it up to create a quiff at the front. This is where it gets a bit free-form so keep tucking your hair in until you get the shape you like.
- Pin any loose sections and even up the twist to create a faux-hawk style twist.
- This style works best in messy hair – Don’t brush your hair before you style, work with your messy curls to add volume to the twist.
- Need more volume – Sprinkle volume powder on the roots of your hair before starting the twist. You can also add more powder to the twist to make sure it holds in place.
This style is a bit different to my usual braided looks, what do you think of it?
Would you wear this curly twist? What tutorials would you like to see next on Hair Romance?