I’m back with another video tutorial for an easy hairstyle that you can wear anywhere. It’s quick enough to do for school or work, but I think it’s pretty enough to wear to a wedding or a party.
Although I said it’s a braided updo, you really only need to know how to do a basic braid or a plait.
This style is great for beginners and will take you less than three minutes to do.
Quick and easy braided updo tutorial for beginners
What you need:
- For this style, you need two small hair elastics and some bobby pins
- Separate the top half of your hair and clip it out of the way.
- Braid the bottom section. Create a braid (plait) by splitting the bottom into three equal sections. Cross the left over the middle, then the right over the left and continue down.
- Secure the end of the braid with your elastic. Stretch the braid out by pulling at the sides to make it wider.
- Braid the top section. Repeat the same steps on the top section so you have two braids in your hair.
- Twist the bottom braid into a bun. Curve your braid around to form a bun and pin in place with bobby pins. Don’t forget to tuck the ends in!
- Wrap the top braid around the bun. My hair isn’t that long so it just fits around my bun and I’ve tucked the ends under. Pin in place with bobby pins.
I hope you give this style a try and I’d like to see it in your hair! Tag me on Instagram, use #hairromance so I can see your photos.
Thanks for watching and let me know in the comments what videos you would like to see next.
PS. My earrings are from super cute independent designer Merci Perci!