Hair Romance x Batiste collaboration
Switch up your style from day to night with these two quick hairstyle tutorials and go from boardroom to bar in minutes.
The first look is a quick and easy bun you can do in under a minute. It’s perfect for work and will be comfortable all day. Then when it’s time to go home, or head out, you can let down your hair for a gorgeous night-time hairstyle.
It’s easy to transform your style when you’re using products that are designed for dry hair, like Batiste’s styling range. It means you can change up your look in seconds, and take a conservative style and transform it back into something fun.
Now to transform from day to night style – video tutorial
Look One – The Bun
This easy bun is a twist on a classic. It’s perfect for any work environment. It’s so quick and easy that you could just roll out of bed and do it.
What you’ll need:
- Dry shampoo (loving the new Batiste Rose Gold!)
- Invisible hair elastic
- Bobby pins
- Hairspray (make sure it’s flexible like the Batiste Hairspray)
Step by Step:
- Part your hair where you normally wear it. Then separate a section of hair from your part line to your ear.
- Gather the rest of your hair into a low ponytail. Secure it in place with an Invisibobble or invisible elastic.
- Twist your ponytail around to create a low bun. Pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Create your twist. Take the sections you left out at the front, twist it back, and wrap it over and around your bun. Pin it in place underneath with bobby pins.
- Finish with a spritz of Batiste’s flexible hairspray to catch any flyaways and keep it chic all day.
- If your pins slip out of your hair, spray them with dry shampoo or hairspray first. They won’t budge all day.
Now to transform from day to night style…
Look Two – The Braid
Let your hair out for a gorgeous night-time look. This braid has the best of both worlds – it’s like wearing your hair out, but the braid keeps it off your neck so you stay cool all night long.
What you need:
- Batiste Texturizing Spray
- Batiste Hairspray
- Bobby pins
- Optional – Batiste Heat and Shine Spray
- Start your braid by picking up a section of hair at your part and split it into three. Create a Dutch braid (which is the opposite of a French braid). Cross the right section under the middle and then the left under the right. On the next section, pick up a piece of hair to add into the braid.
- Repeat this Dutch braid stitch, adding in hair on either side of the braid. Try and angle your braid along the side of your hairline down towards your ear. Once you reach your ear, stop adding in hair and just finish in a regular braid.
- Stretch out your braid – an unmissable step. Pull at the sides of your braid to make it look and feel bigger and more stylish. See my extra styling tip below for my secret to Pinterest-worthy braids.
- Wrap your braid along your neck, tucking it under your hair. Pin it in place with bobby pins by the nape of your neck. Gather the rest of your hair over your other shoulder and just comb your waves through with your fingers or brush them into place. It depends on how you like to wear your curls.
- To finish the style, I love the Batiste Heat and Shine Spray to add a little gloss. I also use the Batiste Hairspray to hold it in place. This style will still look good long after your feet are tired and are ready to go home.
- Pinterest-worthy braids – my secret tip! If you’re always looking at those big braids and wondering how they do it, the secret is texture spray! I love the Batiste Texturizing Spray and I spray a little on the centre of my braid before stretching it out. It helps hold the braid in place instead of it becoming too loose. It works like a dream to achieve those Pinterest perfect braids every time.
- Frizzy with flyaways – Instead of spraying your hair with hairspray, spray the palm of your hand. Then gently run your hand over your hair to smooth and catch any unruly flyaways.
I hope you liked this video; I had fun making it! These fast hairstyles can be worn day or night and are easy to transform into your next look.
Give these styles a try – and don’t forget to tag me #hairromance on IG so I can see your photo. And you should also follow @BatisteAU for even more hair inspo.