The Topsy Tail is back!
I loved this simple topsy turvy flipped ponytail tutorial and this side ponytail hairstyle tutorial is perfect for long hair. I like to call it the no-braid side braid. By repeating the topsy tail technique down your hair, it gives the illusion of a braided hairstyle. is so easy to do.
Topsy Tail Side Ponytail Tutorial
What you need:
Clear hair elastics
- Brush your hair and make a side part. Take the top of your hair on the opposite side and secure with a small clear elastic.
- Take your Topsy Tail and insert it loop side up behind the elastic and thread your hair through the loop.
- Use the end of the Topsy Tail to pull your ponytail down through the loop and behind your elastic band.
- Combine another section of hair with your first topsy tail piece and secure it with a clear elastic. Repeat this topsy tail technique, flipping this section.
- Repeat, combining this section with more hair and flip it through.
- Continue this topsy tail technique down your ponytail. Add an elastic to your ponytail, and using the topsy tail to flip your hair through.
- Adjust your ponytail to make sure the elastics and hidden and to emphasise the twists.
I used the Scunci Topsy Tail pack for this hairstyle. The pack contains the Topsy Tail tool, a smaller Topsy Tail Junior which is great for the smaller top sections and three elastics. I prefer to use clear elastics as they are easier to hide with this hairstyle.
Do you remember the Topsy Tail when it was first popular? Did you ever think it would come back?