This Friendship knot hairstyle tutorial looks way more complicated than it is to do. It almost looks like a rosette, don’t you think?
I’ve been wearing lots of half-up styles lately. I love a half-crown braid and even a simple half-up twist. This braided knot adds a little extra detail to a simple style.
This sweet braided knot would be the perfect style for Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day).
Although I’m not really one for V-Day to be honest. I think romance should be more spontaneous, and part of your everyday. Romance is all in the small details for me, not just the big gestures. And speaking of romance, did you know I blog with my husband Jim? The name is kind of a play on Hair Romance and Romance Media. Plus, Jim is a pretty romantic guy.
But back to the hair. If you are going on a date this Valentine’s, this is an easy style for almost any length hair.
The Friendship Knot hairstyle tutorial
What you need:
- 2 small hair elastics
- Bobby pins
- Start by brushing your hair to remove any knots. Of course, curly girls should skip this step!
- Take a small section of hair from your part on either side of your head.
- Join these two sections together at the back of your head. Use a small clear elastic that won’t be seen in the finished style.
- Topsy tail it. Flip this half-up section of hair over once or twice to create a twist.
- Directly underneath the twist, pick up a section of hair. This will be your braid.
- Split this section into three and begin your braid. Cross the right piece over the middle, then the left piece over of the right. Continue crossing the sections over to create your braid (plait). Secure the end with a small, clear elastic.
- Stretch out your braid. Make your hair look thicker by stretching out your braid by pulling at the sides of your braid.
- Twist your braid into a bun. Curve your braid around to form a rosette shaped knot. Tuck the ends of your braid underneath and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- If you have fine hair – use some styling powder on your braid to thicken it up. Sprinkle a little powder down your braid. Pat it in to your hair then stretch out your braid. It will hold and keep it’s shape. It will also look so much thicker.
- Product tips – finish with a spritz of hairspray if you need some extra hold. You can add in some curls at the ends of your hair with a curling wand like in this curls tutorial if you want a softer look.
So do have any plans for V-Day this year? If so, how will you be wearing your hair?