Do you remember the topsy tail? Well here’s a twist on that look for a simple half-up hairstyle that you can do in seconds.
I’ve been playing around with more half-up styles lately as I love wearing my hair out but get frustrated by tucking it behind my ears all day long.
This quick hairstyle solves that problem for me and still leaves my hair out at the back. It’s the best of both worlds. Give it a try this week!
Hairstyle tutorial – A twist on the topsy tail
What you need:
- 2 small clear hair elastics
- Create a half ponytail by taking a section of hair from above your ears across the back of your head. Secure it with a small clear hair elastic.
- Topsy tail it. Use your fingers to create a hole through your hair above your hair elastic. Flip your ponytail up and through the hole. Pull it down to tighten it.
- Create your second topsy tail ponytail over the first. Take a section of hair from near your ear on each side and combine them at the back of your head. Tie them with a small clear hair elastic. Flip it up and over to create a second twist over the first ponytail.
That’s it! Just three simple steps for this quick hairstyle tutorial.
- If you have a fringe/bangs you can leave them out or pin them back with this style. I’ve left a couple of layers loose around my face to soften the look.
- Make sure you use small elastics that match your hair colour. The impact of this style isn’t as great when you have thick, bright elastics holding your ponytail in place. Buy some cheap small elastics that are almost invisible in the finished style.
- This is great in curly hair too! No matter your hair texture, this style will work for you.
Have fun with your hair and let me know if you try this hairstyle tutorial in your hair. Tag me #hairromance on Instagram so I can see it.