This quick curly updo is going to be your new curly go-to style.
I love wearing my curls out but on day two (and three, and four..) I’ll usually put my hair up. This style is super quick and takes less than two minutes to do so it’s perfect for work or busy mornings.
If you’re going out or to a wedding, you could dress this style up with a gorgeous clip or accessory.
For this curly hair tutorial, you only need to know how to do a basic braid / plait.
Quick Curly Hair Updo Tutorial
What you need:
- 2 small clear hair elastics (actually I didn’t use any but it does make the style easier)
- Bobby pins
- Separate the top half of your hair for the first braid.
- Create a plait (braid) by splitting your top section into three equal sections. Cross the right over the middle, then the left over the right and continue down.
- Secure the end of the braid with your elastic. Or if your curly hair is like mine, it will hold just fine without a band.
- Plait the bottom section. Repeat the same steps on the bottom section so you have two plaits (braids) in your hair.
- Roll the bottom plait into a bun. Curve your plait around to form a bun and pin in place with bobby pins. Don’t forget to tuck the ends in!
- Wrap the top plait around the bun. My hair isn’t that long so it just fits around my bun and I’ve tucked the ends under. Pin in place with bobby pins.
- Use small elastics – the smaller elastics are much easier to hide in the finished style. Or skip them all together like I did!
- If you have really long curly hair – you’ll end up with a larger, statement bun which would look beautiful!
- If you have fine curly hair – remember to stretch out your braids before making the bun. This will make your hair seem thicker.
What’s your go-to style for curly hair? If you try this hairstyle I’d love you to tag me in your pic #hairromance xx